Completed Pocket Slate Call

rutandstrut

I have started and stopped a couple times on these calls. I wasn't sure if I wanted to offer a case or not. Having a Case made for these calls prevailed and here is the end result.

The Slate for these calls is thicker than normal and has been shaped and contoured to fit your hand which forms the sound chamber for this call. This call was made to produce the more subtle Calls of the Wild Turkey (Clucks, Purrs, Tree Calls, Whines).

The Strikers are turned out of Red Cedar with one having a Turkey Wingbone and the other having a hand turned Cedar Peg.

The Cases are hand made to hold the Slate and both Strikers. The slate compartment is lined with Green Wool Felt. There is also a Belt Loop on the back.

I am only making a limited number (10) of these calls at present. These Calls will be numbered and signed on the back of the Slate and inside the case. The back of the Slate will be sealed to preserve the markings. If there is enough interest, I can have the Cases Laser Engraved and Personalized!

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

Last edited:

Gut_Pile

Got mine in the mail friday. Thanks a lot Mr. Tim. It is awesome!