Concealed carry while squirrel hunting .

Cam126

I have a carry permit and carry a 40 SW anytime I'm not at work , is this allowed while hunting a wma ?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Do any WMAs lie on or incorporate any Corps of Engineers property?
If so, has the COE loosened its restrictions on firearms?

660griz

Pretty sure I can handle ANY threat with my ruger 10/22. lol

Don't say that. Some folks might take that the wrong way and that will be ALL we can have. :(

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
IF you already have a gun then why would you need to carry a pistol? lol

Not that I have anything against it, I just don't understand the premise or reason to carry extra weight?

Maybe getting in and out of your truck for starters ?

Mars

Sure a 22 can kill an attacker but will it kill them before they kill you. Self defense is all about how fast can the attacker be incapacitated.

Personally, my ccw is like my wallet, keys, phone, etc. It's included with the usual items I take when I leave the house no matter what activities are planned.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
IF you already have a gun then why would you need to carry a pistol? lol

Not that I have anything against it, I just don't understand the premise or reason to carry extra weight?

Because it is his right to carry it, and no one has the right to question him as to why. As a hunter and American, who are you to question this?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Secondary question… now that the state has OK concealed carry without a permit, do you still need a carry permit carry on WMA ? What about on NF?
EDIT...Read back and saw Mr. Kilmaster's answer above. I would imagine this carries over to national forest and AT...