Conserving Energy

olcaptain

Conserving Energy
During these recent days and months, we have all had to learn to plan our trips and do a bit of multitasking to make the most of our fuel and energy. For instance, when I bend down to lace my shoes, I often look around to see if there is anything else I can do while I’m down there.
Sometimes when Carl and I go up the creek we have one thing in mind. We may be fishing. We may be checking our Trail Cameras. Or we might just be paddling and enjoying the scenery. Well, yesterday we decided to combine several things to make the most of our trip. First, I knew that a recent storm had caused a large tree to fall across the creek blocking our waterway completely. So, one of our tasks was to see if we could clean out from under the highest point of the felled tree so that we could slip under it. We also figured if we were going up there anyway why not check all our cameras? Furthermore, why not take a Rooster Tail and a Beetle Spin and fish our way up and down the creek as we went?
As they say, “I love it when a plan comes together.” We were able to cut a passage under the “armpit” of the tree. We did indeed check our cameras along the way and finally, we even caught a fish or two in the process! There was no gasoline involved in this tale, but I do think we made the most of our time and efforts up the creek! I hope you enjoy yesterday’s random photos from Crooked Creek!!

1.jpg
3.jpg
IMAG0008.jpg
IMAG0076.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0572.jpg
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Conserving Energy
During these recent days and months, we have all had to learn to plan our trips and do a bit of multitasking to make the most of our fuel and energy. For instance, when I bend down to lace my shoes, I often look around to see if there is anything else I can do while I’m down there.
Sometimes when Carl and I go up the creek we have one thing in mind. We may be fishing. We may be checking our Trail Cameras. Or we might just be paddling and enjoying the scenery. Well, yesterday we decided to combine several things to make the most of our trip. First, I knew that a recent storm had caused a large tree to fall across the creek blocking our waterway completely. So, one of our tasks was to see if we could clean out from under the highest point of the felled tree so that we could slip under it. We also figured if we were going up there anyway why not check all our cameras? Furthermore, why not take a Rooster Tail and a Beetle Spin and fish our way up and down the creek as we went?
As they say, “I love it when a plan comes together.” We were able to cut a passage under the “armpit” of the tree. We did indeed check our cameras along the way and finally, we even caught a fish or two in the process! There was no gasoline involved in this tale, but I do think we made the most of our time and efforts up the creek! I hope you enjoy yesterday’s random photos from Crooked Creek!!

View attachment 1159160
View attachment 1159161
View attachment 1159162
View attachment 1159163
View attachment 1159164
View attachment 1159165
View attachment 1159166
View attachment 1159167
View attachment 1159168
View attachment 1159169
Good stuff,multitaskers two!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a outstanding day ! Glad to see you two back at it . That big tree across your creek will make a mighty fine spot for a camera when all the wildlife figure it out