Cost of LP gas

Baroque Brass

What are y’all paying for LP? Our provider topped off the tank and I t was $3.89 per gallon. Kinda pricey for LP but what can I do? The lady at the office said it had actually come down from $4.29. Gas shouldn’t cost that much. We cook with gas and have a tankless water heater. I love the gas cooktop and I think the water heater is way more efficient than a traditional tank electric heater, and we never run out of hot water. I realize that could be a downside if you have a teenage daughter! At least with a tank heater she has to eventually get out.

Our generator is also fueled by LP. It’s great to have when it’s needed, but it sucks up some gas.

Last edited:

ugajay

That's a very high price. The LP company I work for is at $2.55 a gallon. Do you lease your tank or own it?

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
Just paid $1.95 for propane last week on first day of summer sale. We own our tanks.

sinclair1

What are y’all paying for LP? Our provider topped off the tank and I t was $3.89 per gallon. Kinda pricey for LP but what can I do? The lady at the office said it had actually come down from $4.29. Gas shouldn’t cost that much. We cook with gas and have a tankless water heater. I love the gas cooktop and I think the water heater is way more efficient than a traditional tank electric heater, and we never run out of hot water. I realize that could be a downside if you have a teenage daughter! At least with a tank heater she has to eventually get out.

Our generator is also fueled by LP. It’s great to have when it’s needed, but it sucks up some gas.
Sounds high. I just paid $3.49 at tractor supply for a carry up tank.

Baroque Brass

That's a very high price. The LP company I work for is at $2.55 a gallon. Do you lease your tank or own it?
We lease the tank, so we’re locked in unless we purchase it. Might be time to think about that.

Redbow

Don't want no gas in my house but to each his own. Every time my neighbor has his tank filled with LP it costs him over 400 bucks. I have a timer on our electric water heater it only stays on for 4 hours each day and we have plenty of hot water when we need it. My light bill last month was 89 bucks, I can live with that without having a gas bill tacked on.

ucfireman

I just called 3 places around Newnan. 2.89 an and 2.99. The 2.99 was for owned tank and 2.89 was from my leased provider.

Core Lokt

Just got 93 gallons @ 3.25 per G. It is only for my home generator and tankless water heater. 4 years ago it was little over $1 cheaper.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I just had our tank filled. $1.96 a gallon.