Coyote with multiple fawns

Fork Horn

Here's two videos I put together of a coyote with a couple of fawns. The coyote appears to be missing a back foot, which makes identifying it easy. I wonder if it lost a foot due to a trap. Regardless, even with three feet, this coyote seems to be having no problem finding plenty to eat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
He's just limping.

He will heal up eventually.

Then you need to kill him so he won't eat your fawns.
:bounce:

Fork Horn

I’ve been missing your videos , about time to have some fun messing with your bears
I‘ll be leaving the bears alone this year. Last year we ended up with at least five bears regularly coming to our property. I enjoyed seeing them but with the corn we plant, I was very concerned for several weeks that I’d have problems with them getting into it. We were lucky and didn’t have any problems, but I don’t want to push my luck. We still have some bears coming across our property, but not nearly as often as they were here last summer. Hopefully with me not putting anything out, they’ll continue to do their thing somewhere other than near my cornfields.

Last edited:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Here's four videos I put together of a coyote with a couple of fawns. The coyote appears to be missing a back foot, which makes identifying it easy. I wonder if it lost a foot due to a trap. Regardless, even with three feet, this coyote seems to be having no problem finding plenty to eat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
@Nicodemus here is why you shoot them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
@Nicodemus here is why you shoot them.

I know why. I`ve been observing them since I saw my first ones in the late 70`s-early 80`s. I also know that they are predators and that`s what predators are supposed to do. They pose no danger to the deer herd and there is plenty of proof of that. I`m one of the few that doesn`t believe in wiping out the predators because they serve an important purpose in a healthy ecosystem. And if your ecosystem is not healthy, then blame yourself and your trigger finger.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I know why. I`ve been observing them since I saw my first ones in the late 70`s-early 80`s. I also know that they are predators and that`s what predators are supposed to do. They pose no danger to the deer herd and there is plenty of proof of that. I`m one of the few that doesn`t believe in wiping out the predators because they serve an important purpose in a healthy ecosystem. And if your ecosystem is not healthy, then blame yourself and your trigger finger.
my deer herd is alive and prospering

Now when the predators start finding my domestic critters it is time to take action and give those remaining some fear of humans.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
my deer herd is alive and prospering

Now when the predators start finding my domestic critters it is time to take action and give those remaining some fear of humans.

I completely agree with that. There is a very thin but distinct line between a critter and a varmint, and when that critter crosses that line and becomes a varmint. I will kill it. No matter what kind of critter it was.