Crazy names

ucfireman

He don't even look like the Kool Aid man, but neither does this version.
I’ve seen some doozies over the years on booking reports. We had a couple with nick names that stood out. One was “ monkey poo” another was “ hang dang”. “Toe boy” and “Onion man” were a couple other distinct ones. I knew one called “Tercell”, said he was conceived in the back seat of a Toyota.
Knew a white girl named Cressida. Remember the Toyota Cressida? Pretty girl too.

I work with a Quintavious (I think that's how he spells it) goes by Q.
And a Latravious (I think that's how he spells it) goes by Trea or Tray or however he wants to spell it, never asked.

With that said I have known a white, Watson (went by middle name) and a Gaines (went by his middle name).
So there are some "odd" family names in our culture too, but we don't just add a Q or uinta or La to a name and call it good.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I do have some funky names in my family too

oldfella1962

I saw a story on the news, they were talking to a woman and her name was
Applemania.

These "culture" names are ridiculous.
Cant' blame the person with that name but the parents, what were they thinking.
It is a pretty good band name. Definitely a good name for an apple festival.
As a human name, not so much.

oldfella1962

My Wife taught a kid years ago his name was Lemonjello. It was pronounced, Le-mon-ja-low.
I was at work quite a few years ago and the name Lemonjello was brought up. So we googled it and sure enough, there were quite a few people with that name. If you want to see some LOL names, pick up a Jail Report magazine at a Circle K store. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if it's an actual name or a typo. :LOL: De' Tykaaal three sequential letter a's? Amazing!

jail.jpg

oldfella1962

"I knew one called “Tercell”, said he was conceived in the back seat of a Toyota". :eek: I'm impressed! That is some serious multitasking - conceiving a child while committing a car-jacking takes mad skillz!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Right after the Kia plant was announced/built a woman was in the paper because she named her child “Kia”

@Spotlite might remember it

• Haha
Reactions: Dub

cowhornedspike

Knew a gal whose name was pronounced depostrophee. Spelled D'

HermanMerman

My wife worked at Scottish-Rite years ago and a baby on her ICU floor was named “La-A”….which was pronounced “Ladasha”.

Big7

The Oracle
My wife worked at Scottish-Rite years ago and a baby on her ICU floor was named “La-A”….which was pronounced “Ladasha”.
I'm guessing the mother didn't sunburn very easily huh?

There should be a law against doing stupid stuff like that to babies.

If somebody ain't already posted, Conyay(sp) West and the garden implement, race mixing Kim Kardashian hatched a little kid and named it's first name "North" and since the baby- daddy name is West, the kid got hung with the name
North West. facepalm:

oldfella1962

I'm guessing the mother didn't sunburn very easily huh?

There should be a law against doing stupid stuff like that to babies.

If somebody ain't already posted, Conyay(sp) West and the garden implement, race mixing Kim Kardashian hatched a little kid and named it's first name "North" and since the baby- daddy name is West, the kid got hung with the name
North West. facepalm:
Maybe someday that child will write a book called "North" thus the cover will say North by North West. :unsure:

oldfella1962

Elon Musk's kids names are really weird also.
Indeed! Also, Moon Unit Zappa takes some getting used to. When I was a kid an old hippie nick-named "Hippie Paul" named a daughter Halfmoon because when she was born the moon was in that cycle.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I had a great-grandpa named Rufus Quantillion Sanford. :oops: Yes, he was white, looked kinda like Theodore Roosevelt. He was apparently a mean old son of a gun.

There is a Cherokee family on the rez near here whose family name is Bigmeat. They are internationally famous potters.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I had a great-grandpa named Rufus Quantillion Sanford. :oops: Yes, he was white, looked kinda like Theodore Roosevelt. He was apparently a mean old son of a gun.

There is a Cherokee family on the rez near here whose family name is Bigmeat. They are internationally famous potters.
With a name like that hed better be mean

Latest posts