Cute little knife I just finished

godogs57

First time with this design. She's a little bugger. I can't decide if I'll categorize it as a trout & bird knife or a caper. She has a 2 5/8" blade and a 6 1/2" total length.

I am experimenting with a new blade steel (I usually use CPM154CM when working with stainless). This knife is made from the new "CPM" D2 steel, known as PSF27. It has desert ironwood handles with carbon fiber bolsters joined at a 45 degree angle like you see from a lot of makers. Interesting note: the carbon fiber came from a heat shield used on a car that competed in the Indy 500 years ago. Thought that was kind of neat. She seems to fit well in the hand and has good balance.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking. Hope to see you fine folks at the Blade Show in a few weeks.

HHNewTampB.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Can't beat a small knife! That is a very nice design and the ironwood is killer! Nice job. Hope I get to meet you at the knife show.
Dennis

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`d call it a dandy little skinner. Nice shape too, it flows.

godogs57

Can't beat a small knife! That is a very nice design and the ironwood is killer! Nice job. Hope I get to meet you at the knife show.
Dennis

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'll be at the show Friday. Look for the ugliest guy at the show...if he has a Double H Knives shirt on, that's me.

bbs383ci

Very well done. Looks like it would be a dandy to carry.

Razor Blade

Hank , thats a beauty. Be sure to stop by and say hello, table 15M

georgiaboy

That knife looks great. I lean towards a smaller knife most of the time and I'd call that my hunting knife. Plenty big enough to process a deer and perfect for a water bird.

I got some of the PSF27 from Pop's but no opinion yet. I profiled two small blades similar in size yesterday. I can tell a difference cutting it out on the band saw vs 440C or CPM154. To me it seemed more difficult to cut. I got 3 sticks so hopefully it will be good to work with.

Anvil Head

Fine looking bird/trout Hank. That'd be a great little carry on one of those "refined" quail hunts they hold down your way.
Stop by and see me at the Blade - 5J