Cva wolf ?

Sargent

https://www.chuckhawks.com/muzzleloading_tragedy.htm

I would suggest everyone do their own due dilligence in regards to the topic of budget muzzleloaders.

CVA is a totally different company now... with totally different management and types of muzzleloaders.

Also, Randy Wakeman's only claim to fame is being the Ralph Nader to CVA. He really knows no other topic. I hate that the QC used to be awful and folks were injured. However, refusing to buy a new CVA is akin to refusing to buy any model of Ford because of the Pinto explosions.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
CVA is a totally different company now... with totally different management and types of muzzleloaders.

Also, Randy Wakeman's only claim to fame is being the Ralph Nader to CVA. He really knows no other topic. I hate that the QC used to be awful and folks were injured. However, refusing to buy a new CVA is akin to refusing to buy any model of Ford because of the Pinto explosions.
Yep. I own two CVA muzzleloaders, killed a pile of deer with them, never had an issue. Buddy of mine hunted with a Wolf for about 15 years and killed a pile of deer with it, never had issues.

I would guess that most of those issues he mentions were operator error to begin with-overloading, obstruction in the barrel, short seating a bullet, etc.