Damage to golf cart rental

Buford_Dawg

Unfortunately, sounds like your word vs theirs. Hope it works out well for you, sounds like a weasel deal. Had a buddy son rent a Suzuki 4 wheeler, 350 hp at the old ATV park in Greensboro, cant recall the name, he ran into a tree, bent frame and front axle up, he ended up having to buy the thing, about a 4k Saturday ride. He brought it home, had a friend straighten it all out and got 3k back, still lost 1k.

Jdmb123

Remodel Clients tenant did this to me over a dryer this year and we had pics to shut her up. Get the pics from them.

Big Foot

My Insurance will cover me - but, have a 1k deductible

westcobbdog

This is why I take 10-20 minutes while the family sits in the car or hangs out outside and video the outside of the dwelling and then inside. I record:
- a walk thru
- focus on anything that is amiss
- I open cabinets under the sinks to check for water
- flush toilets
- thermostat settings
- even go into garage
- if the rental includes use of a cart, bikes, yaks etc. I record that too

Once I finish recording then it is on to sanitizing ...
I make the rental co employees stand there and note / document erry little nic, scratch, dent, imperfection, ect to where they are ready for me to be GON...

Doboy Dawg

how old a cart?...2k for a back seat?....id get the make model and call some dealers for seat prices...
I don’t know what kind of cart, but we just installed a entire new back seat including a new floorboard, seat bottom, back rests, hand rails, and seat belts on a EZ Go golf cart, the parts were less than $500. We charged the lady $200 for the installation, which took about 2.5 hours.

If it were me, the rental companies next conversation to me about the golf cart would take place through my attorney.

Last edited:

livetohunt

Anytime you rent something take pictures. I had enterprise car rental go after me for damages until I showed them the pictures with date and time stamped on them. I had also turned in the damage report prior to driving off but they didn't file it. They swore I did the damage until they saw the pictures. Also report damages immediately. Hopefully you can get this resolved, good luck.