Home/Car insurance?

erniesp

I have been with the same big company for almost 20 years now. I am so sick of the strong arming of this company. If we don't get a check card to directly pull your car insurance bill monthly we will get a month up front on you. Not giving them my check card. Never been late on a payment I might add. Home insurance comes out of escrow. Had a claim years back with severe hail damage and was told if we file another claim we will be gone. 1st claim ever. What's the best way of getting new coverage? I want the same company to carry the house, 2 cars, and a golf cart. Saving money isn't that big of a deal. Just want a new trust worthy company that will not be a pain in the rear to deal with on simple stuff and handle my claims if one ever arises. Thanks for the help.

rjcruiser

Not sure who you have....but we have Traveler's that was purchased through AAA.

We've had several claims with our house (hail, flooding from a busted pipe, stolen contents from a stolen car) and all have been processed very well. Quick checks to us...friendly agents etc etc.

On the car end, we've had one stolen car. The check was sent quickly and the amount given was more than fair.

Homeowner's is taken out of escrow. Car is taken via an ACH on our credit card. I don't use debit card as there is no protection of my funds via debit card (but that is a different matter).

Not sure what they'd assess if I wanted to pay via check.

erniesp

It's State Farm.

I don't do credit cards, and I'm like you I am not giving them free reign to my account via debit card.

I think I will just have to go sit down with a few agents.

rjcruiser

It's State Farm.

I don't do credit cards, and I'm like you I am not giving them free reign to my account via debit card.

I hear ya :) and I understand about the no cc thing. I pay mine off every month and enjoy the protection it provides, but not going to :hammers: over that issue.

I still remember when I paid my car insurance in 2 equal installments via check. No monthly thing....kinda like how homeowner's does it.

Robert28

Were you ever in the military? Dad? Mother? Brother? Sister? Wife? If so then call up USAA and see what they can do for you.

Horns

My homeowner's insurance company sent me a letter saying that they would not renew. They are out of Florida and stopping coverage in Georgia. I went with Douglass Bennett Insurance in Jefferson. He carries several companies. My particular policy is with Auto Owners Insurance from Michigan. They want to cover our cars as well, but we just went with USAA for that.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It's State Farm.

I have had SF since 1986
Drafting my account every month with zero issues

I have been with the same big company for almost 20 years now. I am so sick of the strong arming of this company. If we don't get a check card to directly pull your car insurance bill monthly we will get a month up front on you. Not giving them my check card. Never been late on a payment I might add. Home insurance comes out of escrow. Had a claim years back with severe hail damage and was told if we file another claim we will be gone. 1st claim ever. What's the best way of getting new coverage? I want the same company to carry the house, 2 cars, and a golf cart. Saving money isn't that big of a deal. Just want a new trust worthy company that will not be a pain in the rear to deal with on simple stuff and handle my claims if one ever arises. Thanks for the help.

If service is most important to you, Amica may be your best bet. Check any consumer review site (Clark Howard, etc.).

hunt n duck

I hear ya :) and I understand about the no cc thing. I pay mine off every month and enjoy the protection it provides, but not going to :hammers: over that issue.

I still remember when I paid my car insurance in 2 equal installments via check. No monthly thing....kinda like how homeowner's does it.

I have State Farm and still pay mine twice a year. They haven't tried to switch me to auto draft yet.

dslc6487

Insurance Coverage

I am exmilitary and have everything through USAA and they are very competitive and offer excellent service on car and homeowners insurance. We have been well pleased…….

HOWEVER……..My daughter recently purchased a house and used their Mortgage department and it was one heck of a NIGHTMARE. If I, or, any of my relatives, friends, enemies, strangers, or any others that I may have any influence over on their mortgage carrier, my advice to them would be: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTAMCES SHOULD YOU GO WITH USAA..You never talk to the same person twice. Every time you call, you get a different agent that knows nothing about where you are in the process and you have to start all over and explain to this new person where you are in the mortgage process even though they give you a mortgage number and tell you to refer to that number when you call. Don't know, maybe others have used their mortgage dept. with no problem but this was our recent experience with them.

rjcruiser

I am exmilitary and have everything through USAA and they are very competitive and offer excellent service on car and homeowners insurance. We have been well pleased…….

HOWEVER……..My daughter recently purchased a house and used their Mortgage department and it was one heck of a NIGHTMARE. If I, or, any of my relatives, friends, enemies, strangers, or any others that I may have any influence over on their mortgage carrier, my advice to them would be: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTAMCES SHOULD YOU GO WITH USAA..You never talk to the same person twice. Every time you call, you get a different agent that knows nothing about where you are in the process and you have to start all over and explain to this new person where you are in the mortgage process even though they give you a mortgage number and tell you to refer to that number when you call. Don't know, maybe others have used their mortgage dept. with no problem but this was our recent experience with them.

You should try dealing with their claims dept. My wife got hit by a lady with USAA insurance and they were a nightmare to deal with. Even tried to get my wife to admit guilt after the police report was clear as to who was at fault.

dslc6487

Thank you for sharing this cruiser. I am at the point where I am going to shop around for car and home insurance and get away from USAA. Our mortgage insurance experience with them was a nightmare. Prices were good on home owners and car, but never had a claim with them. So, after hearing about your car experience I think it is time for me to shop around.