Dawson County 477lbs Bear

gcs

Thanks for all the replies. She is one happy lady. We thought the one she killed a couple of years ago was big at 275lbs. This bear makes two she has killed and both out of the same stand.

Killer Kyle

That bear is a freaking monster man! Congrats to you and to the wife! Judging from the pics...that bear is most likely a candidate for the B&C records. There is a mile wide space between the ears. Y'all really do need to get this one scored. I am pretty confident that is a B&C bear. Massive head on that one!

Killer Kyle

Since y'all took it to a processor, how did you decide to have the meat processed? I'm curious to see what y'all made out of a big boar like that, and how the meat turns out!

Reactions: gcs

gcs

Since y'all took it to a processor, how did you decide to have the meat processed? I'm curious to see what y'all made out of a big boar like that, and how the meat turns out!
We are saving the back straps and some roast meat. The rest is being ground into burger. Not sure how it’s going to be. I hope it will turnout good. We will have the bear scored. Looks like we are going with another full body mount. Thanks

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great bear !!!!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We are saving the back straps and some roast meat. The rest is being ground into burger. Not sure how it’s going to be. I hope it will turnout good. We will have the bear scored. Looks like we are going with another full body mount. Thanks
That is a huge bear! Congratulations to your wife! I would love to see the mount of her other bear. I've always wanted to kill a bear.

Ghost G

Great Job! I'm impressed!
How about the story of the hunt?

gcs

I’m not much for telling stories but I’ll give it to y’all the best I can. Monday, my wife (Melissa)was supposed to take her mom to the doctor that evening. Well, that got cancelled for some reason. So, Melissa texted me while I was at work telling me she was going to her stand sense she didn’t have to take her mom to the doc.
Melissa has a nice box stand over looking a green patch and standing cornfield that is mostly weeds. She had been on stand for about two hours and she has been looking at a few does a one young buck feeding. Then she heard something coming in behind her. The noise it was making, had alerted the other deer. Melissa thought that it was a buck coming in. Then she seen what was making all the noise. That’s when she started getting a little nervous. She kept he cool better than I would have.
Melissa got her 7mm-08 ready. When blacky got broadside she let him have it. He didn’t drop in his tracks like the bear she killed a few year ago. This one took off!!! Melissa couldn’t see it after the shot but she heard it for a few seconds and then all was quite. So, she calls me all excited. Telling me to come on, that she just shot a bear!!!
I was off from work by the time Melissa called. So, I got a few friends and we meet her. At first we didn’t see any sign of a hit. So, we started combing the grew up field that in ran into. After about 20-30 yards into the thick field, we found it. We just couldn’t believe our eyes on the size of her bear. After a lot of high fives we got a skid steer to get that big boy out. We took a few pics and off the the local processor to see how much it weighed. The scale said 477.7 lbs
That’s the story. Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

Joe Brandon

Your wife just looks tickled to death! I hope my wife will learn to love the outdoors as much as I do in the years to come.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Great hunt story! Please tell her congratulations!