Dead Silence

Thread starter #1
Where in the heck have all the Gobblers gone? Having a hard time in multiple large private locations seeing anything. Tried hard calling, soft calling and no calling at all for hours on end... What am I doing wrong

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Where in the heck have all the Gobblers gone? Having a hard time in multiple large private locations seeing anything. Tried hard calling, soft calling and no calling at all for hours on end... What am I doing wrong
There’s a good chance you aren’t doing anything wrong. It gets like this on our place around this time every season. Things just sort of wind down.

Covered hundreds of acres by boat this weekend. Not a single gobble.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
After a slow season start, the birds hammered 2 out of 3 days this past weekend. You have to find the gathering place. They moved about a mile and a half and set up shop. Habitat changes, change habits.

You are not alone. I've hunted my lease several weekends since opening day and have yet to hear a gobble. I've seen tracks and even spooked a hen and gobbler in the middle of the road while walking back to the truck.
The last two weekends I've walked several miles on different public land tracts with the same outcome. Plenty of tracks, but have not heard a gobble. Like you, I've tried just listening, light calling, walking and calling, etc.