Dead Silence

baddave

I heard 2 this morning , I haven't been hunting turkeys enough to talk about this year bc of lack of interest/turkeys . I am out a lot though and haven't heard much of nuttin til this morn--- taliaferro co.

mtstephens18

At least you’re getting to hunt. I’ve only gotten to hunt one morning all year. I called one in that morning. Could hear him walking and clucking but could never see him. All I’ve gotten to hunt is afternoons. Luckily I killed one opening Sunday afternoon. Hopefully I get to go again before it closes

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I kinda feel beaten again, but I’ll go this week for sure. Got some new jigs in the mail so I think I’ll go by boat and get one of them wet too.

Resica

Absolutely love hunting turkeys in the spring but it can get demoralizing pretty quick when you hear nothing after getting up at 3:30 AM day after day.

BASS1FUN

It has been a roller coaster ride of a season I should be limited out but I’m still at zero, you know its gone down hill for me when I have 5 days to hunt( between the last two weekends) and only go twice with good weather just didn’t know where to go those 3 am wake ups and 1.5 hour drives got the best of me, I’ll muster some strength for Friday and Saturday if I can get some gas ⛽

FLGobstopper

Don't give up yet, they're still gobbling and strutting. Been on 1 for the past 2 mornings and he's gonna be a booger to kill, but's he's vocal and he's playing the game.

Had another spot where I was set up on an old tram road through a swamp yesterday afternoon. Caught a really good looking longbeard feeding and walking down the road towards me. Watched him close the distance 250-300 yds or so over course of about 45min. When he got to 60-65 he was feeding back and forth on the side of the road and then just vanished. I know he didn't see me, and I know for sure 3 of the 4 directions he could of gone he didn't. The other direction would of required him flying over or wading water up to his neck and I didn't see any water movement or hear any wingbeats. I just had to laugh at that one!