Persimmon Tea

weagle

Why am I just now finding out that you can make tea with persimmon leaves? Supposed to have all sorts of health benefits.

I'm going to go back to those trees I cut off last weekend for grafting and gather up a bunch of leaves.

weagle

I had my first cup of Persimmon tea last light.

Per what I read on-line, fresh leaves work just as good as dried, so I harvested my first batch and rinsed them off.

Boiled some water and poured it over 6 leaves and let it steep for 5 minutes.
The taste with no additives is very mild and pleasant. I think the closest comparison would be raw white potatoes. With a drop of stevia and lemon it is quite tasty.

It could just be a coincidence, but last night was the first time I've slept through an entire night in years.

Don Bob's Persimmon Tea and Cure All ltd. might be my retirement gig :)

IMG_5173.JPEG

Last edited:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I had my first cup of Persimmon tea last light.

Per what I read on-line, fresh leaves work just as good as dried, so I harvested my first batch and rinsed them off.

Boiled some water and poured it over 6 leaves and let it steep for 5 minutes.
The taste with no additives is very mild and pleasant. I think the closest comparison would be raw white potatoes. With a drop of stevia and lemon it is quite tasty.

It could just be a coincidence, but last night was the first time I've slept through an entire night in years.

Don Bob's Persimmon Tea and Cure All ltd. might be my retirement gig :)

View attachment 1302543
Better add the word "Elixir” to the title…. I can see the dollars just flowing in!

ucfireman

Someone had to hold that gun to your head to drink it?

Never know, you may be onto something.
Even if not, the FDA doesn't regulate "herbs" and etc so you can claim whatever you want and sell it for whatever ails you.

weagle

Always need to be prepared when protecting your valuable cash crop :)

Mexican cartels might start scouring the National Forests for the good stands of persimmons and starting turf wars.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Never had persimmon tea, persimmon wine is pretty good though.

Liberty

I wish there was an additive for the trees that would make the fruit wait until the first week of rifle season to fall off. I’m going to have to try some of that tea.