Decisions, Decisions.....

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I finally got an "actual" purchase order number from my customer after midnight last night and I immediately confirmed that receipt with a text back to them that I will be delivering this shipment at around 9 AM this morning and the weather looks fine for delivery.

Thankfully, I've got one more shipment ready for delivery as a back-up of sorts because it is going to take close to 2 months before I can get any more of these goods......because they have had to be imported for the past couple of years now.

I have been using the same distributor of these goods for the past 48 years now but back a couple of years ago, WALMART decided to buy up ALL of the production of one of the last remaining manufacturing mills of these type goods located here in Georgia. This was a way for them to eliminate their competition for these goods. These same type of textile goods was previously manufactured in plants located across North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia BUT all of the others are long since closed now as just one is remaining in Georgia. This was all due to NAFTA (yes, that crazy North American Free Trade Agreement....BULLHOCKEY from years gone by that ultimately closed most textile manufacturing businesses and put more people out of work).

The above information is pretty much SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) FOR WALMART as they continue to eliminate their competition.

My lady friend and I discussed this yesterday afternoon as we had lunch together. She is well aware of this lone manufacturing plant as it is located in her original hometown and she still has relatives that live in that middle Georgia town.

Actually, some of you members here or maybe your relatives might work in this lone Georgia manufacturing plant that has been in business for approximately the past 128 years now.

I have worked in the same business for 48 years plus now and I have owned my business for the past 28 plus years and it gets a lot tougher most every year to continue to make a living. That "retirement sign" is obviously getting larger in size as I look at it on a daily basis. :banginghe The fact is that I have always worked since I was 13-14 years old and I enjoy being productive and being able to help others along my life's journey.