Looking for old car --- currently in WALTON CO.

ssramage

Does anyone on here have the ability to do a search by VIN? I have an old car that I sold as a broke, dumb college kid that was trying pay for a wedding and the older I get, the more I regret it.

I have pictures of the car, approximate details on the sale and the VIN number. If anyone could help locate it, I would be very much appreciative!

If you can help, please let me know here or PM me and I can privately send you the details.

---UPDATED---

Car is currently registered and insured in Walton County, GA.

I'm looking for the 1991 Mustang coupe that I drove in late high school/early college. It's a South Carolina state patrol car that at the time was silver with the blue interior. It had a 5.0/5 speed.

Little bit of back story... in 2006 I was a senior in high school and dating my wife at the time. I was not well off by any means and got in a tight spot when I totaled my car coming to see my then girlfriend one Friday evening. Her parents, seeing my predicament, gave me the money needed to buy this car. This car stayed with me as I moved away to college, and again as I moved to the college where my now wife was at. We got married sophomore year of college and I sold it as the "adult thing" to do to buy a small pickup and help pay for the ring I couldn't afford. Sold it to a guy in the Milledgeville, GA Walmart parking lot about 14 years ago at this point.

I've been looking for this car for years. I've narrowed it down a lot, but need that last little piece of info to close the gap. I would love to know where it is today, and Lord willing, have an opportunity to get it back and share the car that I really started life in with my kids.

Any info is much appreciated.

Pictures below. VIN # is 1FACP40E6MF155995

1909913_9612185034_2971_n.jpg1909913_9612190034_3214_n.jpg1909913_9612195034_3456_n.jpg

Last edited:

sinclair1

There’s a hot Rod vin site where people search for vins. If it was a collectible there’s a chance

ssramage

Was able to find through Carfax that it was last registered in Lawrenceville, Ga.

Any suggestions on how to narrow it down from there?

2dye4

Man I hope you find it. May want to go to your local sheriffs office. They may be able to help.
I know my sheriff and Chief of Police. They would help me out.

DannyW

Was able to find through Carfax that it was last registered in Lawrenceville, Ga.

Any suggestions on how to narrow it down from there?

Gwinnett County public records search? I know I can find the owner of any land parcel on there, not sure if they have a similar search available for automobiles.

The tag office would know who owns it. Just not sure if they would tell you. Probably not but if you could find someone who knows someone...

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I don't know if a carfax report wold show the dealer or mechanic who did work on the vehicle but if it so that might be a lead worth following.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Vintage car group or Mustang group in the Lawrenceville area, if they exist in fact or on FaceBook might be a help.

basshappy

BANNED
DDS is not going to give you owner information. Nor will LE. They are not allowed to. If you know someone in either organization maybe you can ....

ssramage

Updated original post with details...

Bumping this up to the top. Current info is that car is registered and insured in Walton County, GA. I've shared on a bunch of social media sites, but not having much luck narrowing down further. Hoping with the membership base here, maybe someone recognizes the car or has a lead.

basshappy

BANNED
@ssramage have you printed out a flier with year, make, model, maybe VIN, short back story, and hung them around in Walton County? Gas stations, groceries, auto parts shops, utility poles, etc. Also, I would be looking at car shows and mustang events. And I would join GA mustang groups / forums and nationwide ones specific to your model. I bet with the leg work you will find your old car.