Did you buy a gun today #3

tcward

Did any of you see the custom 6.5 Needmoor on a Stiller Action (I think) in an AICS Chassis on The Outdoor Trader in SW GA.

i wish one of you would get it so I don't have a Needmoor
psst...I know the builder
Is that you? lol!:unsure:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Is that you? lol!:unsure:
No Sir… I don’t Needmoor.
I was looking at The Trader and saw it. I knew the guy that owned it and my buddy built the rifle for him. I had shot the rifle myself and knew how well it shot. The guy was taking a $1K hit selling it for what he did. He sold it 3 days before I tried to bee a needmoor owner

tcward

No Sir… I don’t Needmoor.
I was looking at The Trader and saw it. I knew the guy that owned it and my buddy built the rifle for him. I had shot the rifle myself and knew how well it shot. The guy was taking a $1K hit selling it for what he did. He sold it 3 days before I tried to bee a needmoor owner
Gotcha!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Here's the coming home photo of the Blackhawk and the old holster...

Screenshot_20240525-172633~2.png

It was dry and stiff, but no cracks yet. After about a dozen coats of mink oil over the last week, I hit it today with some brown dye, shoe polish and brush...

IMG_20240525_170840273.jpg

I am pretty happy. It now has some flex again, and some color to better match the rest of my stuff.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Been buying this one since February, just put it all together this weekend... There are many somewhat like it, but this one is mine.

I built it because I'd never built one and to dip my toes into precision shooting. Went with a .223; got a 1-7.7 twist 20" barrel for the heavies. Already got Hornady 75's and Sierra 69's to try.

Don't have an optic yet, but I can borrow one until I find a deal. Will likely end up wearing a 3-15x.20240526_153708.jpg

Robert28

Been buying this one since February, just put it all together this weekend... There are many somewhat like it, but this one is mine.

I built it because I'd never built one and to dip my toes into precision shooting. Went with a .223; got a 1-7.7 twist 20" barrel for the heavies. Already got Hornady 75's and Sierra 69's to try.

Don't have an optic yet, but I can borrow one until I find a deal. Will likely end up wearing a 3-15x.View attachment 1308046
That turned out very nice. I see you snagged one of the blem Wilson Combat lowers I saw on sale awhile back.

RamblinWreck88

That turned out very nice. I see you snagged one of the blem Wilson Combat lowers I saw on sale awhile back.
Thanks, and yeah, the blem WC lower and blem BCM upper got the build started. Heard of a few problems with the blem WC lowers, but mine seems just fine.

Reactions: Dub

Robert28

Thanks, and yeah, the blem WC lower and blem BCM upper got the build started. Heard of a few problems with the blem WC lowers, but mine seems just fine.
Yeah I had read on several forums they were out of spec but that some people lucked up and got a good one. Glad you got a good one. What lower parts kit did you use?

RamblinWreck88

Yeah I had read on several forums they were out of spec but that some people lucked up and got a good one. Glad you got a good one. What lower parts kit did you use?
I used a CMMG builder's kit, but I swapped the mag release button out.

pacecars

Well I fell off the wagon again. Stopped by the Bass Pro shop in town just to browse before meeting my wife for lunch. I’ll be danged if they didn’t have an Sig P320-XTen in stock and at a decent price. While fondling it and griping that I can’t try the trigger pull with the stupid lock on it I noticed a little sign that said all in store Sig Sauer guns were 10% off. Too tempting so I walked out with it. The trigger pull ain’t terrible

Jester896

Senior Clown
Nice Pistol!

Dang, I didn't realize there was a BP there. I did hit the one in Spanish Fort last weekend. Purdy Gurl was with me so I didn't go to the gun counter. She hung with me in the slightly over priced reloading area. I really wanted the Sierra 2000s. They were $10 cheaper and in stock somewhere I looked at on my phone. She said she was going to the shoe dept...that's when I should have GON to the gun counter.

pacecars

Nice Pistol!

Dang, I didn't realize there was a BP there. I did hit the one in Spanish Fort last weekend. Purdy Gurl was with me so I didn't go to the gun counter. She hung with me in the slightly over priced reloading area. I really wanted the Sierra 2000s. They were $10 cheaper and in stock somewhere I looked at on my phone. She said she was going to the shoe dept...that's when I should have GON to the gun counter.
It is one of their smaller “Outpost”. It is on Hwy 90 (Mahan Dr) just east of Capital Circle next to Costco

frankwright

Yep, I did.
I actually had this exact same gun two years ago. I used it in local competitions and then switched to a Sig and sold the G45.
I love my 19X, I don't know why but the G17 grip and G19 slide just seems to work for me.
Since my shooting club shut down I have been shooting the 19X in the local indoor GSSF matches. I decided to shoot two guns and they now have a MOS division for guns like the G45 with slide mounted optics. so I bought a G45 again.

Gun range/store in McDonough gives veterans Blue label prices so I got a pretty good deal.
I hope to get it to the range next week and get the dot zeroed in.
I plan to add a Glock Performance trigger to iGlock G45 with Swampfox red dot.jpgt also.

Latest posts