Didn't see that one coming

GA1dad

My wife's mother flew in for my daughter's graduation. The other night my daughter was sitting on the sofa next to her grandmother, when she out of the blue gets up and announces that she is going to bed early. She walks over to my wife and whispers something in her ear that made my wife nod and smile. I was extremely curious at this point so as she was walking by me I tapped my ear to hear the secret. My daughter whispers,,, "the real reason I'm going upstairs is because Grandma smells like weed." Dang near. Spit my drink out.

Dirtroad Johnson

My wife's mother flew in for my daughter's graduation. The other night my daughter was sitting on the sofa next to her grandmother, when she out of the blue gets up and announces that she is going to bed early. She walks over to my wife and whispers something in her ear that made my wife nod and smile. I was extremely curious at this point so as she was walking by me I tapped my ear to hear the secret. My daughter whispers,,, "the real reason I'm going upstairs is because Grandma smells like weed." Dang near. Spit my drink out.
Dang Grandma :bounce:

transfixer

I've heard more than one person that was past 60yrs old say they might as well try it, to see what benefits it has, I guess they're old enough they don't fear any downside to it, and it is supposed to help with various pains, so have at it Grandma !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Eases pain in the elderly, from arthritis to cancer it can make life a little easier.

However there are folks that have been stoners since the 60s. :bounce:

transfixer

Eases pain in the elderly, from arthritis to cancer it can make life a little easier.

However there are folks that have been stoners since the 60s. :bounce:

Worked for a guy who owned two Aamco franchises, worked for him for 5yrs, rode Harleys with him quite a bit, two trips out west, numerous ones around the south, never knew he smoked until the wife and I went on a bike trip with them to the Smokies, they broke one out at the cabin one evening and lit it up, I had no idea! guy was in his early 70's then.

Lilly001

The Wifey, when her pain doctor was in Fl, also had a Fl Marijuana card.
By using edibles at bed time she was able to use one less pain pill a day.
Now that her pain doctor is in Ga they screen her for Marijuana use and have threatened to revoke her pain medication if the test indicates use.
I felt that use of Marijuana to reduce her use of pain medication was a good trade off.
The state of Ga thinks otherwise.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
The Wifey, when her pain doctor was in Fl, also had a Fl Marijuana card.
By using edibles at bed time she was able to use one less pain pill a day.
Now that her pain doctor is in Ga they screen her for Marijuana use and have threatened to revoke her pain medication if the test indicates use.
I felt that use of Marijuana to reduce her use of pain medication was a good trade off.
The state of Ga thinks otherwise.
See, that ain't right. Gotta push those pharmaceuticals... :rolleyes:

specialk

back in the 70s you had to know a guy that knows a guy and the secret password to buy reefer....nowadays you can stop by any school playground and get what you need....

Mars

You can get delta-8 THC gummies online and shipped to the house. It's legal for now but I'm pretty sure you'd test positive.

GA1dad

As a follow up,,,,, just received this text from my daughter.

Screenshot_20230530-154207_Messages.jpg

oldfella1962

Wife's aunt is 78 years old and is a pothead.
Nothing against people who smoke/ingest it, but the thought of a 78-year-old woman getting arrested & booked (unless it's legal or decriminalized in her state) is pretty scary.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Nothing against people who smoke/ingest it, but the thought of a 78-year-old woman getting arrested & booked (unless it's legal or decriminalized in her state) is pretty scary.
Unless you are in a car or doing something harmful to you or others, it is a non issue these days.

oldfella1962

Unless you are in a car or doing something harmful to you or others, it is a non issue these days.
Most of the time, but if you smoke it you have to buy it from somebody, sometime. In other words, it can indeed be an issue for some cops. And here in the Augusta area bullets tend to fly wherever weed dealers congregate. And anything over an ounce is a felony - my weekly local Jail Report has a lot of weed busts.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Worked for a guy who owned two Aamco franchises, worked for him for 5yrs, rode Harleys with him quite a bit, two trips out west, numerous ones around the south, never knew he smoked until the wife and I went on a bike trip with them to the Smokies, they broke one out at the cabin one evening and lit it up, I had no idea! guy was in his early 70's then.
Wife’s best friend went through breast cancer treatment. It eased her discomfort a lot. She’s was not a regular user before hand.