Digital Camera question

fasn8nmom

I have never been REAL good with pics anyway but, my hubby bought me a digital camera. I can't take a decent pic with it to save my life. I have the camera set on the "auto" setting but they are ALWAYS blurry? I have now for 2 years put the camera away and gone back to the old 35mm but I would really like to use the digital. I do know that when taking 35mm pics blurry usually means movement, but like I said ALL of my pics turn out this way. Ay suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
2 things.....try not using ANY zoom at all for the first few pics.

Then remember that when you aim most digi cams you should press the shutter halfway down and allow the cam to focus and then fully depress. This usually is the culprit.

Jim

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
What kind of camera

With my olys only two things, other than a camera malfunction, should cause that.

Movement during the shooting, or not using the auto focus correctly.

Jim described the auto focus function, and even tho I have been using my camera for a few years I am still guilty of both, at high zoom just the working of the auto focus feature causes some of my pics to not be focused :eek:

Setting the camera on a table then focusing on a subject while the camera is stationary should eliminate/confirm the movement :)

Good luck:)