DJ Ukulele

Clemson is never beaten up like Alabama or Georgia. They play all these weak teams when Georgia is beat up by everyone they play as is Alabama.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Very easy to play 12 regular season games a year against the ACC, never work up a swear, and get whupped in the playoffs. Same for the big 10 and the big 12 and for Notre Dame. If Clem's son played an SEC schedule week in and week out they'd win 8-9 games a season and go to Tampa for the outback bowl in a good year. The first real week of 2021 is more indicative of where the ACC and Auburn with a lake is and where the SEC is.

So what? They are still the real deal, same as tOSU.

BamaGeorgialine

Take into consideration that he played the first game against probably the best defense in the country with not a great offensive line. That was the big question. Was Clemsons o-line very good? I still don't think we know because of how good UGA'S defense is. I'm sure he'll pad his numbers in his next few games and everyone is going to say UGA'S defense is just that good. Gotta give credit where credit is due

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Hunter922

It's his first game. I'm sure he will be just fine. Time will tell of course
Agree he will get it going now. Its his first start, not his first game. Clemson and DJ will go on to do great things this year. He was just too harassed last night.

Not his first game, not his first start...
It looked like it could have been the first time he played football but it wasn't... just sayin dude looked lost.

GTMODawg

BANNED
So what? They are still the real deal, same as tOSU.

No doubt given the current system Clem's son is, as you say, the "real deal"...even more so than OSU who wouldn't be much better than Auburn with a lake were OSU to play an ACC schedule.....but neither would sniff the playoffs if the conferences they do play in were remotely close to the SEC. The slugfest which is the SEC week in and week out wears teams out....where playing patsies every week (the ACC and PAC 10) and most weeks (the Big 10, Big 12 and Notre Dame) isn't nearly as demanding. SEC teams, if lucky, have one bye week and some get to play Vandy....even the lower half of the SEC is big and fast...and big and fast week in and week out results in lots of nagging injuries, less playing time in mop up duty for non-starters. The outcome of bowl season and regular season contests outside of the playoff prove this even more than the glaring discrepancies which indicate the SEC is heads and shoulders better than the other conferences from top to the middle of the pack at least....

GTMODawg

BANNED
THAT is why people hate "SEC" fans.

I know a BUNCH of people who would qualify as a fan of an SEC program.....I have yet to meet this mythical beast known as a "SEC Fan". This is because no such beast exists.....fans of SEC teams despise everyone else in the conference....but pretending that the SEC is not heads and shoulders above the rest of college football is simply refusing to accept an ample set of facts which have been proven time and again on the field during the regular season, bowl season and playoffs for about 10 years or longer.
Seriously...Oklahoma has made the playoffs just about every year the playoffs have existed. They have yet to win a playoff game. They are not going to be better than the 3 or 4th team in the SEC next year or whenever they join the conference and won't be most years. OSU, Clem's son or no other team would do any better. How has Oklahoma managed this? By playing no one during the regular season who would finish higher than 6th or 8th in the SEC most years.

Oklahoma, OSU and Clem's son would be about on par with UGA in the SEC.....which means one of the three would win the conference about every 5 - 8 years or so and MAY be in playoff contention once or twice in that same time frame.....but they would get beat like a rented mule playing in the SEC west year in and year out. One of Alabama, LSU or Auburn is going to be in serious natty contention EVERY year....and will be so having played a TOUGH SEC West schedule and usually at least one contender from the east each year.

All of this is based on Tennessee and Florida being less than what they can be and will be again.....when that happens, and it will, none of the 3 will have ever played a regular season schedule the likes of what they will face with 6 legitimate national title contenders in their conference. Oklahoma will be competitive at times, OSU would be also....Texas will be akin to the Mississippi schools.....

GTMODawg

BANNED
Not his first game, not his first start...
It looked like it could have been the first time he played football but it wasn't... just sayin dude looked lost.

Auburn with a lake is accustomed to having far better talent on the field than anyone in the ACC....and they have proven, even in their "blueblood" run to find themselves in a ball game late in the 4th against teams they should have blown off the field because they are unable to make ANY adjustments. Everything they do takes FOREVER to develop and when they meet someone with similar levels of talent they get 7 sacks and rush for 2 yards. What they looked like Saturday is what Clem's son would experience at least 3-4 times a year if they played in the SEC.....

Gold Ranger

I have yet to meet this mythical beast known as a "SEC Fan".

This creature does exist. It is everywhere. It is the one who roots for it's "hated rival" anytime they play someone who doesn't have that SEC patch on their jersey. It is the UGA/Tenn/etc fan who cheers wildly when Bama wins another title for the SEC.

It is the fan who thinks a recruit automatically becomes bigger, stronger, and faster when that SEC patch gets sewn onto their jersey. It is the fan who can't fathom that tOSU recruits on par with anyone in the nation. "But they play in the BIG10!!!!! It can't be true."

How many years did the Patriots win a Super Bowl? How many of those years was the AFC East the best division? Sometimes the best team doesn't come from the best group of teams.

DannyW

Very easy to play 12 regular season games a year against the ACC, never work up a swear, and get whupped in the playoffs. Same for the big 10 and the big 12 and for Notre Dame. If Clem's son played an SEC schedule week in and week out they'd win 8-9 games a season and go to Tampa for the outback bowl in a good year. The first real week of 2021 is more indicative of where the ACC and Auburn with a lake is and where the SEC is.

Believe it or not, I agree with you up to a point. But the same logic could be applied to the SEC East also, lately it's been by far the weaker half of the SEC.

Over the past 8 years, two different ACC teams have won 3 national championships (Clemson and FSU). All 3 NC games were won against SEC teams.

It's been 15 years since a SEC East team won the NC (Florida in 2006). Does this mean the ACC has recently been a tougher conference than the SEC East? Maybe...an argument could certainly be made for it.

I just don't believe you can dismiss Clemson as a legitimate team because they play in the ACC unless you also dismiss UGA as a legitimate contender because they play in the weak SEC east. Which you can't do.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
This creature does exist. It is everywhere. It is the one who roots for it's "hated rival" anytime they play someone who doesn't have that SEC patch on their jersey. It is the UGA/Tenn/etc fan who cheers wildly when Bama wins another title for the SEC.

It is the fan who thinks a recruit automatically becomes bigger, stronger, and faster when that SEC patch gets sewn onto their jersey. It is the fan who can't fathom that tOSU recruits on par with anyone in the nation. "But they play in the BIG10!!!!! It can't be true."

How many years did the Patriots win a Super Bowl? How many of those years was the AFC East the best division? Sometimes the best team doesn't come from the best group of teams.

Um, if you ever see me rooting for my "hated rival", book me a room in the nearest nursing home. Or insane asylum. Heck, book me a room at both places. I can spend equal amounts of time at each facility!

Me rooting for Bama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, or Ga Tech.

tenor.gif

EnchantedGraciousAffenpinscher-max-1mb.gif

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Um, if you ever see me rooting for my "hated rival", book me a room in the nearest nursing home. Or insane asylum. Heck, book me a room at both places. I can spend equal amounts of time at each facility!

tenor.gif

Same here brother!!!!!

westcobbdog

With that schedule I sure would hope so! :bounce:
looks like Syracuse Pitt and BC may give em a decent game

tenor.gif

let them burn!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Not a whole lot. Working and trying to dodge covid best I can lol.
How 'bout them Dawgs! And Noles look like they're getting their act together. They should've won that game the other night.

And yes, be safe out there brother.
:cheers: