Dove Opening day- How was it?

au7126

Drove to Kingston Ga "field" and did not see a dove. Crows and grass birds. Supposed to be lunch and evening hunt but left after 1 hour. No field as most hunters would call it. Carried us to top of a hill and said "this is it"

ghadarits

I didn't hunt yesterday but, I'm in NE GA and did hear a fair amount of shooting and am seeing lots of dove around. I'll be in middle GA next weekend for a dove hunt and am hoping we have enough birds to keep it interesting.

Hunter922

Good hunt, not great. Birds during the AM during the clouds were HIGH. Hot, during the day and our weathermen and ladies continue to predict weather like a horoscope hoodlum..

frankwright

My friend has a field in Lamar county. Sorgun,Millet and sunflowers.
He plowed and burned strips. There is a power line running through the upper field and the filed has woods all around and a tree or two in the lower field.
The birds just did not show up. We were going to have a shoot but was just not seeing birds so I stayed home.
A couple of guys went out and a few birds flew and they killed six.

I don't know why they have not shown up unless somebody close by is baiting the fire out of them.

I have had a bunch under my bird feeder all year, I thought it was going to be good.

Bigga Trust

Good hunt, not great. Birds during the AM during the clouds were HIGH. Hot, during the day and our weathermen and ladies continue to predict weather like a horoscope hoodlum..

Friday's forecast called for cloudy and on off rain. I was jacked up ready, but then Saturday came. Still had pretty good birds flying but was hoping for one of those rare days.

DontTreadOnMe13

Our middle ga hunt was fantastic. Plenty of birds not so bad hot.

I was hunting outside gray GA this weekend, had decoys/calls on private land
Seen plenty in and out of the neighbors property but seen 2 total and took 1
glad to hear someone had a better opener weekend around the area

leroy

Pretty good bird numbers but my shooting sucked, worst since teenager lol. The birds were high for whatever reason, plenty of them though, most got limit, I sqeaked out 12.

Bigearl68

Weird opening day. No morning hunt on this particular field, and the birds seemed to feed pretty heavy before the midday rain. Birds flew early that afternoon and were done by 4:30 or so. Everyone there had a decent day and limits where taken by several and almost full limits by the rest.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Missed out. Incision in my elbow split open, gonna give it a day, or two.

K80Shooter

Very few birds and wet Sat. morning, about 1:30 or so I got soaked by another shower. Sat. pm was very poor, no birds where we were. Rain on and off all day till late.

Rabun

Had a pretty good shoot around montezuma. Lots of kids and family groups which was great to see. Afternoon hunt with fried chicken dinner prior. Had a nice breeze and sporadic cloud cover all day so was probably one of the more comfortable openers I’ve been on. Only killed a few but had plenty of opportunity…just can’t shoot ?

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
A buddy went to but didn't stay on a public field after having an inconsiderate shooter set up within rock throw distance from him. Another nimrod hunted out of a pop-up bow hunting blind with a roof. Because of location of windows, it was unlikely he could have shot at anything other than low birds. I had a good hunt on private land. Gil