Doyle Dykes Guitar Player

Redbow

If you don't know who Doyle Dykes is he is a fantastic guitarist his fingerpicking style is awesome. Doyle is a fine Christian man and he often takes his guitar on the road for the Lord in Christian services. I was just watching his video on You Tube he is fingerpicking an old Martin D-28 1955 model. Doyle even has a 1935 Martin that sounds great also. If you use You Tube go there and type in "Random Late Night Pickin' A Little Merle, A little Reed, A little Doyle I think you might like it. Also on Sundays Doyle has a string along that he posts sometimes its live. Doyle has and still does play music with some of the finest guitar players in the world, Tommy Emmanuel who is rated by many to be the best guitarist in the world is just one of them Doyle plays with at times.

I have a guitar processer and I sometimes hook it up to my PC and try to play along with Doyle but its futile indeed. Doyle's playing always reminds me just how far away I am from being a guitarist.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd never heard of him. Went and looked him up. Yep, he's pretty durn good, for sure. Got a lot of the Merle vibe going on.

creekrunner

I saw Doyle at a Taylor Guitar Road Show at Metro Music in Dothan Alabama several years ago. About 30 people there, he was showing the new Taylors and played a good while. Had his daughter with him and she’s a player too.