Driverlers #421 what’s that sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Lawnmower fixed I think! SIL suggested I clean throttle / governor linkage with break cleaner and lube it with spray. Did as suggested and everything be good now. WD-40 saves the day again, that stuff is liquid duct tape.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Lawnmower fixed I think! SIL suggested I clean throttle / governor linkage with break cleaner and lube it with spray. Did as suggested and everything be good now. WD-40 saves the day again, that stuff is liquid duct tape.

Sir Fish you (and others) fond of the old ways could go with a swept yard like my Nanny had. Didn’t cost anything but an occasional remake of a brush broom.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Sir Fish you (and others) fond of the old ways could go with a swept yard like my Nanny had. Didn’t cost anything but an occasional remake of a brush broom.
I’ve considered it! Those old farm houses sitting on rock or brick piers about four feet off the ground with half inch cracks in the floor, where the women scrubbed the floors with scalding hot water were surely cleaner too. Those chickens running around under the house grabbed every bug brave enough to run across that swept yard. The outhouse a good walk from the house made it cleaner too. Let’s all get back to basics. A big fire in the front room fireplace made it plenty warm in the winter. Summertime was supposed to be hot to grow good cotton.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I’ve considered it! Those old farm houses sitting on rock or brick piers about four feet off the ground with half inch cracks in the floor, where the women scrubbed the floors with scalding hot water were surely cleaner too. Those chickens running around under the house grabbed every bug brave enough to run across that swept yard. The outhouse a good walk from the house made it cleaner too. Let’s all get back to basics. A big fire in the front room fireplace made it plenty warm in the winter. Summertime was supposed to be hot to grow good cotton.
And just in case you’re wondering, that house I described is the house we were living in when I was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.