Driverlers #421 what’s that sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Man, I done messed up both palms with a big raw blister that I’ve already popped and peeled the skin off of in both hands. I was cutting up some St Aug. sod to expand my vegetable garden and lay the sod around Jags little greenhouse to hold the mud down and to promote St Aug in that area.

I might have to go to plan B whatever that it is. facepalm:

flatwoods

Man, I done messed up both palms with a big raw blister that I’ve already popped and peeled the skin off of in both hands. I was cutting up some St Aug. sod to expand my vegetable garden and lay the sod around Jags little greenhouse to hold the mud down and to promote St Aug in that area.

I might have to go to plan B whatever that it is. facepalm:
I usually take a beer break before I get that far.
You be hardcore

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I need to plug some centipede. Still early though. I'll wait a few more weeks.

I also noticed that my tomatoes aren't doing much.
Planted too early as always. Those cool nights seem to stunt them.
I could plant some now and they would outgrow my current ones.

That’s the one good thing I’m glad I did is hold off on planting. I wish I had got the sod up earlier though, but that came to me after the fact, noticing I wanted to expand garden and place the sod around Jags little green house keeping the dirt out of the paver base we put inside of it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I might be able to get that sod up if I make my squares much smaller. I usually make them about a foot square. St Aug is tough to get up, but has a very high success rate/transplants well.

flatwoods

I might be able to get that sod up if I make my squares much smaller. I usually make them about a foot square. St Aug is tough to get up, but has a very high success rate/transplants well.
I love St Augustine. Good looking grass.
I'm on the edge of the range. It will do ok until we get a cold winter then get killed back.
Squares would do better for me too but that's work.
I use my plugger I got at the thrift store for a dollar.
No blisters. :ROFLMAO:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Problem is, where my blisters are is right where my my cutter handle hits my palms when getting under it. facepalm:

IMG_0037.jpegIMG_0036.jpeg

Top pic is about the same as bottom. I had a bad angle on the pic though.

Think I’m just going to cut them smaller. It’ll be much easier, it’s tough getting it up with plenty of roots and dirt. Survival rate goes way up though.

I’m going to pad my palms and slide gloves over it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I love St Augustine. Good looking grass.
I'm on the edge of the range. It will do ok until we get a cold winter then get killed back.
Squares would do better for me too but that's work.
I use my plugger I got at the thrift store for a dollar.
No blisters. :ROFLMAO:

How big is your plugger? I’ve got one and had it for years, but it seems a little to small. It does work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.