Driverlers #421 what’s that sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I love St Augustine. Good looking grass.
I'm on the edge of the range. It will do ok until we get a cold winter then get killed back.
Squares would do better for me too but that's work.
I use my plugger I got at the thrift store for a dollar.
No blisters. :ROFLMAO:

You won't believe the story behind this St Augustine grass here.

I'll give the shortened version best I can here....

Years ago when I was about 8 years young my Mom's Brother(uncle) and their Family came to visit us in Louisiana and brought my Mamaw & Papaw from here with them. When they got ready to leave we got up a good little mess of St Aug runners and placed them in between dampened newspapaer and placed that in brown gorcery bags for the 500 mile trip back home here. My Uncle took about half and My Mamaw got the other half and they both began sprigging them around in their yards.

Much later on, about 20 some odd years later our entire family all moved back here to Georgia. My parents moved in here with Mamaw, Papaw had already passed away. When they got here Mom and Mamaw went to sprigging and spreading what they had already got going over those 20 years. Then I came down here and built a house back behind this place on a couple acres of it and was sprigging all over my yard and digging up sod for them and spreading it for them and me.

Long story short, my Uncle developed his entire lawn from those sprigs from NOLA from our yard, Mom and Mamaw got this place here going big time and when I lived in my former house down the hill from here I was helping them and doing mine down the hill also. It's been going on for close to 60 years and the actuall lawn areas are practically all St Aug now. Heck, I'm still doing it.

flatwoods

You won't believe the story behind this St Augustine grass here.

I'll give the shortened version best I can here....

Years ago when I was about 8 years young my Mom's Brother(uncle) and their Family came to visit us in Louisiana and brought my Mamaw & Papaw from here with them. When they got ready to leave we got up a good little mess of St Aug runners and placed them in between dampened newspapaer and placed that in brown gorcery bags for the 500 mile trip back home here. My Uncle took about half and My Mamaw got the other half and they both began sprigging them around in their yards.

Much later on, about 20 some odd years later our entire family all moved back here to Georgia. My parents moved in here with Mamaw, Papaw had already passed away. When they got here Mom and Mamaw went to sprigging and spreading what they had already got going over those 20 years. Then I came down here and built a house back behind this place on a couple acres of it and was sprigging all over my yard and digging up sod for them and spreading it for them and me.

Long story short, my Uncle developed his entire lawn from those sprigs from NOLA from our yard, Mom and Mamaw got this place here going big time and when I lived in my former house down the hill from here I was helping them and doing mine down the hill also. It's been going on for close to 60 years and the actuall lawn areas are practically all St Aug now. Heck, I'm still doing it.
Excellent memories

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
We started our front and back yard with plugs from some St. Augustine that H22 got a couple of shovels full back in the day from a friends Mom's house. I love our St. Augustine.:clap: Maters already have little green one on the vine here. H22 uses some kind of Miracle grow veggie stuff on them.

Morning sweetiepie :lovey:

I remember that is one of the 1st things I noticed when I got out of the car that time we came. As soon as I got out I told MizT and Jag, "check it out they've got a St Aug lawn". :bounce:(y)

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Any one in need of either small or large pistol primers, Alexanders in Blairsville is having a sale tomorrow, Friday only. $69 for 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.