drop away arrow rest

cletus T

hello all, i wanted to gets some opinions on a drop away rest. i have looked and i am down to two that i like . the first is a ripcord and the other is a Qad ultra HD. the bow has a whisker bicuit on it now. it seems to me it would be a little hard on fletching with any amount of a turn. thanks

SGADawg

Cletus, my 1st bow had a QAD ultra. My new bow (Mathews DXT) has a ripcord. I have had excellent service from both. The ripcord is a little cheaper but seems to work as well as the QAD. I would think that the wb would slow the arrow some. I have read that the wb helps to cover for some flaws in shooting form (that is, they are more forgiving) but I have never used one.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Me and my son both use the qad. Mine has started to be hard to get to lock in the up position. I am going to get it fixed after the season.

Phishman

Changed over from a whisker biscuit to the QAD this past spring. Really like the QAD, but, I also liked the whisker biscuit. It has been said that the biscuit will slow your arrow down by about 3 to 5 fps. I think either one is good for a hunting set-up though.

CCGA

QAD for me - been shooting the same one for three years now.Not a minutes trouble with it to date!