Drop Shot Deep for the win!

Lanier Jim

Out this morning with Mike Helms. He wanted to learn to fish the lake and work on what he was seeing on the sonars. No problem - I think Mike will be visiting lanierbaits.com for a few things
1f642.png

After a few quick lessons on fishing the Jerk Shad, spybait, and drop shot - off we went. First stop - jerk shad hooked up on 3....next place Mike hits another on the jerk shad.

We were running and gunning and when the sun got up good - you know we picked up the drop shot and went to work. We started smoking them deep - 25'-35' on brush near big changes of depth...humps and channel ledges. We were sticking one or two at most every stop....and 6-7 at two different places. The Humminbird's were showing out big time for Mike and I....got to love it.

Mike got the feel and it was game over. He even learned to fish the rig suspended in the tops of brush. Ended the morning with 20+ with some good ones. Mike couldn't believe how the Lanier spots fight...just a fun fish to catch. Blue Lily, Sweet Rosey, Morning Dawn, and LJ's Passion did the damage. On the Jerk Shad -it was Blue Ghost and the new FZNH2O color.

We got off the water around noon and he has already booked another trip. I think Mike likes video game fishing
1f642.png
LJ

Attachments

• KIMG2752.JPG
    KIMG2752.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 56
  • KIMG2755.JPG
    KIMG2755.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 59
  • KIMG2757.JPG
    KIMG2757.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG2758.JPG
    KIMG2758.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 82

Big7

The Oracle
Go deep.
Go cold.
?

Kdog

Good trip and great screen shot! Always appreciate the info you provide!