Early, Miller and Seminole counties, SW Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK folks, we talked a lot on that last go round, hit 1000 post on the last thread. So, it's time to start a new one.

I like seeing those old turkey calls. Yes, the Gaskins is much like the ones we made in the 40's and 50's. A chunk of cedar was hollowed out with a drill and pocket knife. I remember it was hard to keep up with the slate and chalk, so we kept rubber bands around it when not in use.

Havana Dude

Checking in. :D Gotta keep tabs on you fellers. Dog gone it if I didn't get flagged again this morning. My fault again, back been acting up, and I almost didn't go. Oh well, off to work later.

Swamprat

Swamprat
OK folks, we talked a lot on that last go round, hit 1000 post on the last thread. So, it's time to start a new one.

Sounds like we just like to shoot the bull. :shoot:This is now round three of this thread.

Saw another good buck today at work, stepped out of some young pines about 80 feet or so from us and crossed the power line we were on. This was around 9:45 or so. Not as big as last weeks buck but had a nice rack.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Son,

Post a pic of the management buck on here! I like looking at him!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Son,

Post a pic of the management buck on here! I like looking at him!

Way my season is going I will manage any deer into the frying pan. Dang, have even thought of stopping and cutting the backstraps out of fresh road kill a few times.

Just one bad year though, it happens from time to time. Next year will be better.

stealthman52

Swampy,you almost should be paying your employer huh?,you get out in the fresh air,get to see deer,bucks at that,and the trees don't talk back.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The year is not over! A lot can happen quick! Nothing wrong with fresh road kill! Some thing was used! It happens to me aswell! We got meat thus year and thats what its about! No management bucks for me! Just culls! LOLs k

Swamprat

Swamprat
Swampy,you almost should be paying your employer huh?,you get out in the fresh air,get to see deer,bucks at that,and the trees don't talk back.

If when I see them I had a rifle with me. Kinda frowned on at work and most landowners don't want you shooting the deer since most are hunters themselves. Some places are even leases.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Management buck pictures for KM to enjoy.

015.jpg

003-7.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
More management bucks
004-4.jpg

ninept03.jpg

aold.jpg

005-2.jpg

That's enough for now.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Kmac....last I checked I never could taste the difference in a cull vs a 140 class deer. LOL

Bad thing about the roadkills is that they are on the main road going into town so I would be waving to half of my neighbors as well as folks I know as they are also going to work. Got standards I have to uphold.

Just been a weird season around here for some reason. Not sure if it was lack of acorns, weather being so inconsistent or what but the bucks around the house are just half into it. Might be the abundance of does as well. Saw some chasing tracks this morning about a 1/4 mile from the house but then looked over and saw a mature doe and her two yearlings calmly grazing in my neighbors yard.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Son, would hate to see your culls, oh wait that was in 1982. The year of the spikes. LOL

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In my opinion, there's no culls in bowhunting. They're all fair game if legal.
Here's a couple more culls.

006-4.jpg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
S R , I understand! Get your wife to cut out the straps then! LOLs
If there isthat many side the road, I'll do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll wear a Obama mask as I do it! Hope noone runs me over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Obama mask will probably get you shot around here.

My wife is a school teacher so she would end up giving it away to the needy kids.

Son, agree in archery there is no such thing as a cull. Great bucks and a double congrats.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Well son Kicken chicken season is on us! Where is that Wild Turkey from last year with those beards from Ol man winter! I can't remember how many beards!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Son don't have time to think about turks, he has to catch us some fish first for our whenever it will happen shindig. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.