Early, Miller and Seminole counties, SW Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I don't think so!

Yep....you rarely will see fees drop to help anywhere.

What stinks is I have several places to join near the house for the same amount of lease money and pay my Florida resident fees but I opted to pay about 200 or so bucks more for a license to hunt in Georgia with a stable lease and some good folks on it.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yep....you rarely will see fees drop to help anywhere.

What stinks is I have several places to join near the house for the same amount of lease money and pay my Florida resident fees but I opted to pay about 200 or so bucks more for a license to hunt in Georgia with a stable lease and some good folks on it.
Its more like 300:crazy:

Oh, I thought you were hunting Sons lease this year!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:bounce:

He wanted it bad son could of made another bone!!!:D

We wish you luck there! act sensable!:rofl: Good luck my friend!:cool:

stealthman52

K,you are right it was 297 last year,I bought one,but not this year,I know of ten or so people that are not buying into the Ga non res this yr mainly because of Obamanomics.
Its not only Ga,a lot of other states also hungry,charging high fees for non res hunters,Montana is 947 for elk and deer,if you get drawn.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Government grab is what I call it. They are always looking for something else to tax. If they can't find anything right off, they increase what they already tax. Some examples: Property taxes have gone up every year for the last ten years. Property values have lost about 45 percent in the last two years. So, local government increases taxes anyway. What gets me is, people keep voting for these idiots.
Contractors license: With the economy failing, Georgia went up on license and added some. I let mine expire.
Leases for hunting. Economy rock bottom, and they went up 500 more bucks this year.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Oh, I thought you were hunting Sons lease this year!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D:bounce:

At least that is who I paid my money to....:D

I forgot the license had went up another 100 or so. 300 bucks to hunt an hour away is kinda steep. Like I said can hunt several places around here but there is no camp life since everybody lives within 1/2 hour less. Even an hour is not far but I prefer to hang out and shoot the bull in the evenings.

Guess for the license cost I need to brush up on my big buck skills or just follow Son around.:fine:

Havana Dude

Aint it a cryin shame you gotta pay for camp life? Gee whiz. I guess I'll never get to experience that ever again then. I have hunted pert near right by myself for bout 20 years now, I reckon thats just how its gonna be.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't worry SR, I've been watching those movie star hunters on the Outdoor channel. By the time season opens, I should know how to hunt. Just don't know how I'm going to duplicate 40 bucks in a food plot, and have a problem deciding on which one to shoot. But I've learned some of the ketch words like, "cull buck", "That's a shooter", and "He's too young". The one thing I can't seem to get a handle on is Laughing when I shoot something. Seems on TV, some of really get tickled when they shoot something. And none of em would have been successful if they hadn't used all that high faluting stuff they're selling.

stealthman52

You are right Son, alot of them metro hunters with the green stamps go hunt those deer farms,there is even a competition gimmick been going on video hunts for prizes,money,almostus as bad as tournament bass fishing,has to money involved to bring out good metros.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional hunters, I often wonder about some? Catch and release bass fishing? Each to their own, but snatch em out of here, take em there for weighing, and they never get back from where they were snatched. How great is that? It's about money, and I could never get interested in it. Sure, I like to have money as well as the rest, but do i want to keep up with the Jone's? No, because we would have to do without a lot of things to have one of those showcase bassboats. Same goes with trying to keep up with TV/video hunting. The one thing tournament hunting and fishing has done is, it's brought about many new products for us to use. Or should I say, spend money on. Do we really need em? I say, NO, cause we always did well fishing and hunting before all those new fangled gadgets and scents came along. Quit using all those crutches ya'll, and lets get out there and really earn those fish and bucks.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Been invited to hunt a private 6000 acre farm in Southern Illinois, but I think it might be best to stay and hunt these big ol nasty Georgia bucks that's been fooling with me for the last few years. Knowing Ga will be much cheaper on my pocketbook. Futhermore, who would want to go kill a big buck that would make my Ga/Al mounts look small? Homebody comes with age. and Ill might not like my camo jacket.
Miller Co. Ga, 250 pound 10 point.

003-7.jpg

Swamprat

Swamprat
Finally....a good rain at the house. Lightning is bad though. We have probably got 1/2" in the last 15-20 minutes.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Missed us again, but it did cloud up and cool off into the 80's. So I cleaned half a wheelbarrow of fish. Mostly shellcrackers, some pulling fish.

101_1510.jpg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We went fishing the other day and caught a whole prince albert can full, and a few little ones as well.

florida boy

went up to lease yesterday and got a soild inch of rain . Had to beat out a fire in the pines started by lightning . Seen a few poults that the yotes havent claimed yet

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gotcha, these guys sure add a lot of post.. lol

Going for a new thread guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.