Early season bug spray.

chrislibby88

Trying something new this year, Sawyer Picardin repellent instead of DEET. I always use permethrin on my clothes too, and a thermacell, seems I lose my thermacell at least once a year though.
Picardin is supposed to be as effective as DEET (DEET is a joke to swamp mosquitoes, you can spray it and you are swarmed again in minutes) and Picardin doesn’t smell nearly as harsh.
I will let you know my results in a week or two.
Y’all tried Picardin yet?

Todd E

I started using it about 3 weeks ago. Ranger Ready brand. I hog hunt every night. Tcell and regular skeeter spray would not keep swamp skeeters at bay. Since going to Ranger Ready, all I have to do is spray and go. I bought the no scent line. Even used it on my gator hunt.

I recommend it.
It is a little waxy oily on the skin.

earlthegoat2

Throw all others away !!....no guess work...Permethrin 100% works and odorless.

I must be using the wrong stuff because mine is not odorless. I use Permethrin SFR from the pest control supply vendor (since I am already a regular customer) and dilute it as required.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Rainbow Jungle Formula. I was given a can by a lineman that swore by it and buys it by the case. It has no odor and I can't say I have ever had a deer notice it. I keep a can in my truck, boat, etc. I also use a Thermacell for extra protection.

Capture2.JPG

LNK

I must be using the wrong stuff because mine is not odorless. I use Permethrin SFR from the pest control supply vendor (since I am already a regular customer) and dilute it as required.
I dip my hunting gear in a diluted solution. Hang to dry (NO ODOR) after drying.(NOTE.i never spray on my skin.....worked for me for many years.

deast1988

Permithin soaked into clothes, deet applied to all exposed skin, long socks, pants tucked into boots, all openings either closed, covered, or treated with spray, face mask on, and thermacell running

scottyd917

Rainbow Jungle Formula. I was given a can by a lineman that swore by it and buys it by the case. It has no odor and I can't say I have ever had a deer notice it. I keep a can in my truck, boat, etc. I also use a Thermacell for extra protection.

View attachment 1101484

This stuff is legit^^^^^ I use only permetherin while hunting, but any other time, it's this stuff for me.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I've been using Picaridin for 3 or 4 years. Works great, not as harsh as deet. Especially on plastics and other equipment.

Ohoopee Tusker

Trying something new this year, Sawyer Picardin repellent instead of DEET. I always use permethrin on my clothes too, and a thermacell, seems I lose my thermacell at least once a year though.
Picardin is supposed to be as effective as DEET (DEET is a joke to swamp mosquitoes, you can spray it and you are swarmed again in minutes) and Picardin doesn’t smell nearly as harsh.
I will let you know my results in a week or two.
Y’all tried Picardin yet?
After losing mine about 10 years ago I added a little 550 cord and a small carabiner.

Attachments

• 20210831_232600.jpg
    20210831_232600.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 61