Easy, yet very tasty Chicken Stroganoff

GA1dad

For dinner tonight I adapted this recipe from a 10 year old Food Network magazine we had on the bookshelf. The end results were very, very good. Good enough in fact that I had to type it up and save it in my recipe file so I can make it again. Since I had taken the time to type it,, I figured I might as well share it. My wife and daughter both highly approved the dish,,, so I see no reason your family wouldn't enjoy it too. Now I'm a dark meat guy. You can swap out for white meat, but I think the thighs and the sweet onion is what made this great. Enjoy!!

Chicken Stroganoff

12 ounces Bowtie or similar pasta
3 Tablespoons butter
1 small vidalia onion,, chopped
8 ounces white mushroom sliced thick
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut to one inch chunks
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Boil pasta as directed on package

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add onion and cook until slightly soft. Add mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until they soften a little. Add remaining tablespoon of butter, the chicken, flour, paprika and fresh ground pepper to taste. Cook until chicken browns.

Add chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream and simmer for a couple more minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Spoon mixture over pasta, sprinkle on chopped parsley.

20190815_183726.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
For dinner tonight I adapted this recipe from a 10 year old Food Network magazine we had on the bookshelf. The end results were very, very good. Good enough in fact that I had to type it up and save it in my recipe file so I can make it again. Since I had taken the time to type it,, I figured I might as well share it. My wife and daughter both highly approved the dish,,, so I see no reason your family wouldn't enjoy it too. Now I'm a dark meat guy. You can swap out for white meat, but I think the thighs and the sweet onion is what made this great. Enjoy!!

Chicken Stroganoff

12 ounces Bowtie or similar pasta
3 Tablespoons butter
1 small vidalia onion,, chopped
8 ounces white mushroom sliced thick
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut to one inch chunks
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Boil pasta as directed on package

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add onion and cook until slightly soft. Add mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until they soften a little. Add remaining tablespoon of butter, the chicken, flour, paprika and fresh ground pepper to taste. Cook until chicken browns.

Add chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream and simmer for a couple more minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Spoon mixture over pasta, sprinkle on chopped parsley.

View attachment 979900

Oh yeah!!!!

Rick Alexander

I think I have this exact recipe - I used it for my son's rehearsal dinner for his wedding. We were too poor to pay for a restaurant - we gave them a house I had remodeled for their wedding present so yea I was tapped. I bumped this up about 10 times to feed about 40 and it still was awesome. We had so many compliments on the dinner for years and I don't think I've made it since (8 years I guess). I seem to remember there was about 1/2 lb cream cheese / batch is the only difference. I have got to make this again. Thanks for the post.