eBay bow draws blood!

Kaisrus6

About a month ago I saw an eBay listing for a LH Bear Kodiak Magnum. It had 3 bidders with 3-4 days left on the auction so I decided to throw a bid on it. About the time I hit send I realized it wasn’t what I was thinking it was. For some reason my brain was telling me it was a Kodiak Special. I would never have even considered bidding on a short 52” bow. Once I realized my error I took comfort in the fact there were three or four days left and my bid was only $10 higher than the high bidder. To try and shorten this story, I won. Bow came with no string or rug on the rest so I bought a new bear rug and plate and made my first Flemish twist string and tested it out.
The bow shot better than I could so I figured it would make a good ground blind bow. As I found out this morning it works good from a tree stand too!

Hillbilly stalker

Man you done started something now ! That's good stuff ! Hope to see some hero pictures (y)

Kaisrus6

I had a loc on set up in a pine head and a camera that was telling me there were a group of hogs and some does and small bucks coming in fairly regular. So I set up in the dark this morning to see what I could see. About 7:30 I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and watched a couple small does step into an opening. This doe was following close behind and offered me about a17-18 yard shot. She jumped the string a bit as she turned to go and my shot was a bit high. Hit her spine and I promptly put another arrow in her.

CaptKeith

Wow, that’s a really cool bow and kill. Congratulations!