Ecofina River

Bigbendgyrene

And maybe overkill, but over the years I've picked about 3 straight-line approaches into fishing points along the grass line between Econfina and Rock Islands that have just a hair deeper waters than the surrounding flats.

If you have a super high tide not too much need to worry (though depends on your draft level / my panga can go pretty skinny)... but try running around within a mile or two of shore during a lower tide and you'll find not only rocks but general areas that get quite skinny. Time spent studying a depth chart of the area is time well-spent in my humble 0.02 if you haven't already done so.

Kind of hard to read, but here's a link to one...
https://www.bigbendfishing.net/images/maps/apb.gif

This link is free and interactive, though can't swear to accuracy.
https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating

One trick on really learning the Ecky area well is visiting in winter with a canoe and small outboard to scoot around when shallower... though have to REALLY pay attention to tides and be sure to get in before too shallow or you can end up hiking through thigh-deep mud (don't ask me how I know!).

Bigbendgyrene

Thanks, I've heard about that one and will get it marked first trip past it.
Everyone says a +2' tide is good but what is the normal depth of the river channel at a zero tide?
Unfortunately, not really a singular answer to that question... depth varies quite a bit along run out of the river with some deeper spots about 5' to 7' deep while other spots, such as near mouth shallower with oyster bars out of the water before even reaching a 0 tide.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Update:

Just got back from 2 weeks in Ecofina.
The large boat performed well.
Got 1 ding on the skeg at the boat ramp when the outboard quit wile loading and the current did me no favors.

7 trips out the river. 3 at low tide for reference.
I'm concentrating on a fishing pattern involving the many bomb craters towards the bird racks.

We caught good trout and 5 30"+ reds, but over the deep bomb holes we caught many 16"+ sea bass and some gags that would be legal in a few months.

The route provided in the link above is real good, maybe a few feet off in places.

All in all, we did good and love the place.