Economy is great! Half ton Ram $74k

earlthegoat2

Driving fossil fueled vehicles is going the way of smoking tobacco.

The politicians who are completely out of touch with their constituents will eventually tax them out of existence.

LTZ25

Times are changing , I see in the near future where guys are ordering the cheapest pickup you can find , not as many asphalt queen 4x4s , just manual trans, no carpet, gas engine pickups. These can be bought for mid $30's and stop buying the most expensive truck on the lot . same for boats .

GeorgiaGlockMan

Times are changing , I see in the near future where guys are ordering the cheapest pickup you can find , not as many asphalt queen 4x4s , just manual trans, no carpet, gas engine pickups. These can be bought for mid $30's and stop buying the most expensive truck on the lot . same for boats .
Yeah, I bought a 3 year old 2021 Ford Ranger FX4 for $20 something K a few months ago.

Trying to shave miles of my F250.

It will save me about $200/2,000 miles in operations costs and less than half the cost of a new f250.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
repair shops are full of vehicles too
And they are putting off repairs unless it just absolutely has to be done now. Oil changes and filter changes are being stretched out. Tires to the cords before putting on any more.

Let's Go Brandon !!! :mad::mad::mad:

VTRman

That is the way it should have been all along.

menhadenman

Trucks are about to get WAY more expensive than that. In the next few years, automakers will have to comply with regulations that state they must produce a certain ratio of electric vehicles to every gas/diesel vehicle, depending on the emissions of the vehicles. It's about 2:1 EV to Truck for a 1/2 ton. EV production isn't anywhere near high enough to accomplish that, so trucks are about to get scarce and even more expensive.

Remember, it's not about the environment. It's about making travel too expensive until the only option for most is renting in cities with public transportation. Just another tightening of the noose. They can't TAKE our cars, so they'll just make them too expensive for anyone to afford.
4ebd1cd4-319c-dc43-eb3c-6ee92e298548.png

Redbow

My first house was 25k in 1976. With prices of the homes I see for sale today just a few short years ago I could have bought a nice farm for what homes sell for now.

Friend of mine bought a new Ford Lariat a while back he paid well over 80k for it. He trades every two years and gets a new Ford truck but he can afford it, pays cash for everything he buys.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I don't understand how households with incomes around 150k are driving and insuring two relatively new cars and paying all their other bills. I feel bad for young families.
The people across the street from us have 3 vehicles and they trade them every 6 months. Not regular vehicles. They are weird and say hi when they are working in the yard or throwing a ball with their boys but that's about it. No idea what they do. He looks like a frumpy old middle manager and she dresses like a school teacher.

Their current cars equal about 400K. His car is a 650hp hybrid Audi (about 145K). She has the equivalent in SUV. They also have a Dodge 4 door 4X4 dually with every option available that is for pulling their 8' 4 wheeler trailer to the dump and back about 3 times per year.

Blows my mind.

stringmusic

I don’t know who’s paying these prices or why, really. With just the tiniest bit of shopping you can find a decently equipped 2024 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 big horn for 45k. If I were going buy a new Ram I could save almost 30k off what they’re asking for in the OP, I may not have a heated steering wheel but I’d be ok. You could get an even better deal by buying a 2022-2023 with 10k miles on it.

jdgator

Suppose you buy that truck and finance 70k.
Suppose you have perfect credit and qualify for 7.10% interest.
Your payments would be $1,197 a month over 72 months.

That is assuming you have about 8k to put down and/or trade in on your current vehicle.
That is also assuming you do not have negative equity on your trade-in that you need to roll into the loan.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I don’t know who’s paying these prices or why, really. With just the tiniest bit of shopping you can find a decently equipped 2024 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 big horn for 45k. If I were going buy a new Ram I could save almost 30k off what they’re asking for in the OP, I may not have a heated steering wheel but I’d be ok. You could get an even better deal by buying a 2022-2023 with 10k miles on it.
Exactly what I did last year. I picked up my wife a year old SUV with 9K miles on it for about 14K below the cost of a new one. It even had new car smell.

Robert28

you are 100% spot on, and the reason i've never owned a new one....i like'em 4-5 yrs old with all the kinks and gremlins worked out......i dont mind not having that ''new car smell''..............................................or the new car price either...
My problem is the 4-5 yrs old have 75,000 miles and are only $8000 less than when they were new. But go to trade in one and you’ll get offered 1/3 of the new msrp and they turn around and mark the price back up close to when it was new.

sinclair1

My problem is the 4-5 yrs old have 75,000 miles and are only $8000 less than when they were new. But go to trade in one and you’ll get offered 1/3 of the new msrp and they turn around and mark the price back up close to when it was new.
When I bought my new truck, a used 2022 was more, because it was on the lot. I had to wait 6 months. It looks like inventory is there now.

slow motion

My opinion that's what makes the Ford Maverick so popular. Can't build em fast enough. Manufacturers have made trucks more and more luxurious. Price had to go up too.

ryanh487

My problem is they don't make them to last much longer than 5 years anymore.

If you finance a 5 year old vehicle you'll be spending even more money in the shop every year keeping it running, especially with all the lovely features that require factory programming to repair or replace now. The ability to DIY repair your vehicle is quickly fading.