Electric deer fence that works

Luvntheoutdors

I recently installed a deer fence for a land owner that lives in Atlanta with a very high deer population. He has tried for many years to grow muscadines and other fruits and veggies but they get eaten before they even have time to mature of course. I did some research and looked at the 3D deer fence system. It cost around 500.00 for everything. Controller, t posts, poly wire, insulator clips etc. and also ground rods. The owner is super happy that he is now able to finally harvest. Everything is coming in nicely and he has not had one deer breach the fencing since it was installed 3 months ago. I just wanted to share the idea because I had a lot of hunting buddies swear that it would not work, the fence would need to be 8ft. The depth perception of the white lines crossing messes with the deer eyes and they don't even try it. (y)

Attachments

• fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 132
  • fence2.jpg
    fence2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 133
  • fence3.jpg
    fence3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 132

TomC

I've read where people have done the same fence design with just high test mono fishing line with success. I'm sure a little "jolt" helps too!

B. White

They sure don't like electricity. I added three strands around the garden in January and I've left it live since to keep them trained. I was going to add the outer low strand if they didn't respect it, but haven't had too. I see them outside of it all the time and they blew at me this morning at 05:30 when I went out the door, but they were going around it. I hope I don't get a "jumper" in the future.

ucfireman

I have heard its not the height its the depth. A fence 3-4 feet high with another row about about 3-4 feet from it.
I guess they can jump high just not long.
I have not tried it but will when I need too.

Luvntheoutdors

I forgot to mention. We added peanut butter on folds of tin foil around the fence line to draw in the deer so they learn before the crops start beginning to come in.