Enjoying her $1,400 SUV payment

bullgator

thumper523

My dad use to always say "The rich are rich because they act like they're poor, and the poor are poor because they try to act like they're rich"
That phrase has stuck with me to this day. I don't care what others think, I only care what God thinks of me. I try to keep him happy!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My dad use to always say "The rich are rich because they act like they're poor, and the poor are poor because they try to act like they're rich"
Richest man I ever knew as a friend paid around 100 grand a quarter in estimated taxes (early 90's)... smoked Basic cigs. and drank Hamms Lite (after he "helped" you drink all of your beer). Lived in the 1950's house he inherited from his parents and drove his Dad's 1972 truck. If you didn't know him, you'ld thought he didn't have two dimes to rub together.

Geffellz18

Richest man I ever knew as a friend paid around 100 grand a quarter in estimated taxes (early 90's)... smoked Basic cigs. and drank Hamms Lite (after he "helped" you drink all of your beer). Lived in the 1950's house he inherited from his parents and drove his Dad's 1972 truck. If you didn't know him, you'ld thought he didn't have two dimes to rub together.
Many millionaires are like this.
My grandpa was very similar! He looked like a hobo with holes in his house slipper looking shoes he wore everyday.
Material vices mean nothing to them, so they have the $$$ that others like the person this threads about blow on “stuff” to impress those that done give a rip!

Redbow

I have known quite a few people in my life that had plenty of money and would not spend a dime of it on fancy stuff. That of course is up to the individual to either spend money or save it, makes no never mind to me what they do. We don't buy fancy stuff here either only what we need to live our lives as we see fit. And we made our minds up years ago that if we can't pay cash for something we want we don't need it.

We are comfortable in retirement and have been for over 20 years now. One good vehicle one old Chevy that I drive around in. Money in the bank to fall back on if we need it and we worked for every penny of it and put some away so we could hopefully be comfortable if we lived to retire which thank the good Lord that we did. Still nothing fancy here not even fancy clothes or shoes. I give God Almighty all the phrase and glory for his kindness towards the Wife and I forever.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't open the link but I do feel for anyone that gets into finical trouble , I'm just built that way . Especially if it involves a family trying to live to high .
I don't feel a bit for someone in financial trouble because they were stupid enough to sign a car loan with a $1500 payment on some kind of status symbol vehicle.

LTZ25

What is it with every yuppy mom driving around in brand new Tahoe's or Suburbans? I don't even get the appeal or the need, frankly. Anything a mom needs is available in a minivan for 1/3 the cost. Heck, you can't even put a sheet of plywood in a Tahoe or Suburban, but you can in a minivan. Done it several times :)

I think it's probably the sentiment... Just too proud to drive a minivan, I guess...
I drive one a Honda odyssey and like it .

diamondback

She is making more than enough to make those payments with those 2 million views. Apparently all it takes is to be female ,have a white t shirt and a water hose to make more money on YouTube than I do as a machinist.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What is it with every yuppy mom driving around in brand new Tahoe's or Suburbans? I don't even get the appeal or the need, frankly. Anything a mom needs is available in a minivan for 1/3 the cost. Heck, you can't even put a sheet of plywood in a Tahoe or Suburban, but you can in a minivan. Done it several times :)

I think it's probably the sentiment... Just too proud to drive a minivan, I guess...
You don't live where it snows. :)

Core Lokt

Many millionaires are like this.
My grandpa was very similar! He looked like a hobo with holes in his house slipper looking shoes he wore everyday.
Material vices mean nothing to them, so they have the $$$ that others like the person this threads about blow on “stuff” to impress those that done give a rip!
Difference is those that grew up with nothing and made something held onto it. Those today that make it or git it given to them can't keep it in the bank and spend it...

livetohunt

That phrase has stuck with me to this day. I don't care what others think, I only care what God thinks of me. I try to keep him happy!
Yep. Most of the wealthiest people I know live modest and don't want people knowing they are wealthy. People who want to be wealthy make sure they tell everyone how much money they have....

Latest posts