F and W Forestry

drewskyc

Does anyone else use them for your deer leases? In years past I have gotten my renewal paperwork from them well in advance of the expiration of my lease. However, my lease expires 5/31 and still no word on a possible renewal. They stated they had to make changes to the lease and have not been given approval on it yet. I just wonder does that mean the landowner has not approved the changes in the wording on the lease or is there something else I am missing? I also wonder if the landowner even knows about the changes? I hear he travels a lot and lives out state. Anything anyone can tell me of their experiences?

Power5868

They handle 1 of my leases and I haven’t received anything on it yet. I spoke with them last week and She told me they haven’t went out yet.

drewskyc

Thanks guys. I was gettin discouraged! Lease expired today. Plus today is the end of Pine Log. Bummer day. Hope that paperwork comes through!

HavocLover

I don't lease from this company in particular, but sounds like theyre all one in the same. Its unreal the kind of one sided relationship that the timber companies have with their hunting leasees. They increase the money every single year without warning. We dont know until the last minute. This year in particular they increased it by $4600 without warning. In addition to that, it changed hands and I had to do all the calling and digging. I didnt receive a single phone call, email, or article of mail from them. Meanwhile, you about have to have 4x4 to get 200 yard past our gate, our roads are horrendous, think I've gotten any support on that?

rstallings1979

Sorry you guys are having to go through these issues. If you can get 3 or 4 guys you trust and you can afford to do it I know of a nice track of land for sale with a house that you can probably get for $200,000 to $225K a piece (nearly 400 acres). It is in a good deer county. It would make a nice weekend getaway as well and I can find you a farmer nearby who will rent the tillable. I know the area pretty well. I would buy it myself if my current property was a little closer. Note... I am not a realtor lol...I just know the pain people are having to deal with each year in leasing.