Face the tree climber (Still being made)

FALCON z

Searching for a good climber "still being made" that faces the tree.
I have a old deer hunter war 100 that has spoiled me. Wished I had 2 more of them. Feels save because u sit in the seat as u climb, up and down the tree fast, light.
I've tried an equalizer, wasn't what I expected. I guess because I go so high, i found myself always having to adjust it.
I do not care for the vipers. I like to sit in a seat as I climb, doesnt face tree, top feels unstable or if ur sitting in it.
Never used a gunslinger but heard they are heavy.

Suggestions?

1md2b

I have a old deer hunter war 100 that has spoiled me. Wished I had 2 more of them. Feels save because u sit in the seat as u climb, up and down the tree fast, light.
I've tried an equalizer, wasn't what I expected. I guess because I go so high, i found myself always having to adjust it.
I do not care for the vipers. I like to sit in a seat as I climb, doesnt face tree, top feels unstable or if ur sitting in it.

Suggestions?
I've got a gunslinger and they are heavy. Once they're on the tree they're hard to beat though. If you plan on having it set up before you walk in to hunt you can't go wrong with a gunslinger. But if you're "running and gunning", the gunslinger will make a man out of ya.

Pruitt1

Buckshot treestand have them, I have 2 buckshot stands there not the face the tree except to climb but there quality stands. The first one i bought in 95 and still use it today. They do make face the tree stands that are very nice stands. Good luck in your search.

FALCON z

I could use gunslinger on private land and my war 100 on wma's. Any opinions on the orginal gunslinger vs the newer gunslinger combo (face toward or away from tree)

catchdogs

X2 the buckshot big shot can face the tree or you can take the seat and put it with your back to the tree and use the backrest as a shooting rail. Nice stands not real heavy . Also has a lot of adjustments on the side rails and back rest .

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have the older face the tree gunslinger and absolutely love it . It is kinda heavy and awkward to carry but well worth it to me

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Off topic, but if you haven’t looked into saddle hunting, check it out. It may make you not want a climber wether or not it faces the tree. I kinda checked it out for about 3 years before I finally took the plunge. It’s the safest and most effective way for me who hunts public land. Im always tethered in and can shoot all the way around the tree with my set up. Plus rappelling down is fun! But then again it’s all fun to me!

Jim Boyd

180 Summit if they still make it em

EDH

Suggestions?

Keep an eye on FB marketplace. I saw an old Brent hunt stand on there the other day.

Blackston

I’ll second and third the gunslinger. It is a little on the heavier side of climbers but the comfortable seat over weighs it
After my mishap I messaged you about I’m considering getting the gunslinger…. How heavy is heavy?

sghoghunter

After my mishap I messaged you about I’m considering getting the gunslinger…. How heavy is heavy?

If I remember right it’s somewhere around 25 lb. Are you wanting to get one this season? If not this year I can bring mine from the club and let ya feel it and also sit in it before you go buy one

Blackston

If I remember right it’s somewhere around 25 lb. Are you wanting to get one this season? If not this year I can bring mine from the club and let ya feel it and also sit in it before you go buy one
That be awesome!!! Yea I’ve got a steel summit that imma use At Chickasawhatchee, so I’m not planning on buyin one till after season. I’d really appreciate that … Thanks

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That be awesome!!! Yea I’ve got a steel summit that imma use At Chickasawhatchee, so I’m not planning on buyin one till after season. I’d really appreciate that … Thanks
Go ahead and get ready to buy one . Fair warning though , they are extremely easy to fall fast asleep in

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Keep an eye on FB marketplace. I saw an old Brent hunt stand on there the other day.
That and eBay too. I put my saddle up for sale and had 3 messages and an offer within 3 hours. Duck duck go gave me issues with classified adds here and I’m not subscribing to my saddle site….so it’s on eBay. Lots of used stuff on there! Sooooo many viewers compared to the likes of us here……even if they’re not as cool as we are :bounce:

RedFoxx

i love my ol man climber...and it will turn either way...you turn one part upside down and face away or keep it right side up and face the tree...i have had it for 23 years and by far the most comfortable seat i have..

aabradley82

I could use gunslinger on private land and my war 100 on wma's. Any opinions on the orginal gunslinger vs the newer gunslinger combo (face toward or away from tree)
I’ve got both. The combo has a larger foot platform. plenty comfortable but not gunslinger comfort in either direction.