Fair deal on some plinking ammo found today.

Dub

Saw this today on the S&W forum:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form1

You get 2,100 rounds and a plastic ammo box for $69. I think shipping ran another ~$10.

Guys over on that forum have been getting good results with this from their 15/22 rifles.

My son is getting one of these rifles for Christmas so it appears that we'll be off to a decent start. Every so often the local Walmart will run the same load for under $12 for 550 rounds. I usually check when I'm there...but they never have much on hand or the boxes are busted/cut open and taped up.

Good luck, guys.

BBQBOSS

Banned
I ordered 4200 last week cause i had a thing for free shipping, plus i needed a couple of those dry boxes and they came with it so i said what the heck...

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
My M&P 15 eats Federal bulk pack like candy....and thats a great deal.

Guess I will order another 4200 rds...that will put me with over 10000 rds in bulk packs, that ought to hold me for awhile.

Dub

Good to hear.

Post some pics of your M&P if you can, Dutch. I need to get some ideas for set up. Gonna put a red dot, I think, on it.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Good to hear.

Post some pics of your M&P if you can, Dutch. I need to get some ideas for set up. Gonna put a red dot, I think, on it.

Here you go.....with its big brother.

Attachments

• brothers.jpg
    brothers.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 341
  • M&PBrothers2.jpg
    M&PBrothers2.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 350

Dub

Great looking pair!!!

I think we will have a lot of fun with these.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Great looking pair!!!

I think we will have a lot of fun with these.

Yea, the 15/22 is a blast at the range. I ran 150 rds of CCI Stingers* the first time at the range then me and the youngins proceeded to shoot up a bulk pack. The only malfunctions I had was a couple of misfeeds due to improperly loading the mags.

I am going to buy 2 more for the yougins so I will get to shoot more instead of loading mags for them the whole time.

*The CCI's are higher velocity than bulk ammo and I read on the S&W forums that it seems to help loosen the gun up...seems to work as I haven't had one FTE or FTF in about 3500 rds.

Dub

Dang that was fast!!!!!!!!

Ordered Monday afternoon and it was at the house when I returned today. They must have wanted to get shed of them bullets and fast.

e09fa999.jpg

The ammo can they sent is pretty decent. It has an o-ring seal and closes really secure. Nice wide handle distributes the weight in your hand. Turning the Federal 525rd bulk packs on their sides allows for 12 boxes to fit inside. That is a lot of shooting in one can!!! 6,300 rounds boxed plus you could probably pour another big box in there loose.

GunnSmokeer

Good Ammo

All my .22s like this Federal bulk-pack HP stuff.
It groups as well as any other high velocity ammo.
(Not as good as match standard velocity ammo, but most of the time it's accurate enough for me, and a lot more affordable!)

dax

Will a 22 upper run on a .223 lower? Or do you need a different lower?

I am pretty sure they will, but maybe someone will chime in. I know the conversion kits that work in .223 uppers are sweet! That's the way to go IMHO.