False Theories About Grace

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot free man so that he can never serve sin and the devil again (Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; 1 Jn. 1:7; Heb. 6:4-9; 10:26-29; 2 Pet. 2:20, 21).

gordon 2

I have a problem with my understanding that for Grace I am Saved by that in spite of my unrighteousness which is my full time, or sometime or continued slavery to sin, despite my struggle with sin, and or disregard of the Golden Rule, I am considered righteous and this Grace is my Salvation.

In my case this is too much of a debit and credit idea of salvation and a limit to God's Grace because salvation for me is much more than God's disregard for a propensity to reduce God's big pictures, big designs to human sizes and then turn around with them so reduced and with them say I glorify God . I have reduced Grace to my exclusive favor for it.

But that's me... and in terms of relationship with God mine is perhaps nothing at all. It seems to me that our understanding of Grace is only available now in cans. It has been once and for all at the atonement and we have canned it at the theological cannery. Faith on the other hand still grows on some fields... some still bother with it as if from Grace there is much more to get, more than from my canned goods pantry.

But that's me... and in terms of relationship ... mine is perhaps nothing at all but the pantry smells moldy. Perhaps my understanding is as carnal as the day is long as I have a hard time to figure that the command to love one's neighbor needs be if that man next door is like me so that by Grace both him and I are saved so that our unrighteousness is to both of us of no account. Why would I need the directive to love him or God with all my heart and mind, to entertain any such relationship, if he and I are saved by Grace regardless of the degree of my effort towards love or loving him or seeking God by a loving relationship? Eternal life itself seems an oxymoron.

I wonder sometimes what future Christians, different men and women compared to us, will think of our ideas on Grace in a thousand yrs. Will they wonder in turn who I glorified more...by Grace. Will they note that despite our vows to the power of God's Grace we had so much in disagreements and them with a scripture reference in the Old Testament confirm my errors.

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
When a man has believed God, it is credited to him as righteousness. So:

Acts 16:31
So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Such a man has entered into grace at this point. It doesn’t matter how much of grace he believes. He is still a recipient of the same grace in which I stand.

Even Peter declared this truth:

Acts 15
11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.

So to my brother I say only this, You are an heir of grace, a member of the family of Christ, no matter what you believe about it. I welcome you. Fear not and the Lord Himself will be with you!

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news. Bless you brother for reminding me.
It was after all your words inspiring me! Bless you as well in all the richness of Christ!

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot be responsible should saved men backslide and be finally lost (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:4; Rev. 2:5; 3:2; Jas. 5:19, 20; Gal. 16-26).

BanjoPicker

Grace does not make the sins of the saved any different from the sins of the unsaved both kinds of sins are real sins and both classes are real sinners when sins are committed (Gal. 5:16-26; 6:7, 8; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; Ezek. 18 and 33).

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot free man from all personal responsibility of being lost or saved (Mk. 16:15, 16; Rom. 1:16; 1 Cor. 1:18-21; 1 Jn. 1:7; Heb. 3:6, 12-14; 7:25; 10:35-39).

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot free the saved from being separated from God when sin is committed (Isa. 59:2; Ezek. 18:4; Rom. 6:16-23; Jas. 5:19, 20.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
To teach that God does not forgive a sinner because He is big-hearted enough to remit the penalty or that God does not have mercy on a sinner but that He saves solely because of grace is to demonstrate ignorance of the gospel and of what grace is. This fact that God has already "taken away" the sin of the world on the cross and that Christ is our substitute and has already borne the righteous judgments of God against sin does not prove that God is unmerciful or that he is not big-hearted or that grace is something separate and apart from the redemptive work of Christ and God. The truth is that God manifests grace to men who do not merit it and cannot merit it. It is also true that God is love. He is big-hearted. He is merciful and He is king and compassionate to those who have gone astray from His family.

Maybe a couple questions you could consider asking aimed at supporting your argument would be to ask;

1. Without just giving me the Webster’s definition of Grace; what is Grace? Exactly what is that “unmerited favor”?

2. When is this “given” to man?

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

. Without just giving me the Webster’s definition of Grace; what is Grace? Exactly what is that “unmerited favor”?

Grace in connection with God is: free, eternal, and unmerited LOVE and Favor of God toward FREE AGENTS who are the product of His own creation, whether HUMAN OR SPIRIT BEINGS, and are capable of God consciousness and moral responsibility. Grace is the spring, source, and the very fountain-head of all the manifold benefits and blessings of God to all his creation.

When is this given to man
God’s Grace [love] and [favor] start’s at birth [when born].

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Grace in connection with God is: free, eternal, and unmerited LOVE and Favor of God toward FREE AGENTS who are the product of His own creation, whether HUMAN OR SPIRIT BEINGS, and are capable of God consciousness and moral responsibility. Grace is the spring, source, and the very fountain-head of all the manifold benefits and blessings of God to all his creation.

When is this given to man
God’s Grace [love] and [favor] start’s at birth [when born].
I’m familiar with what Grace is…….but based on the “you’re saved by Grace alone” is the reason I thought it’d be a couple good questions for you to ask.

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot free saved men of all future condemnation without proper confession and forsaking of sin (1 Jn. 1:7, 9; Rev. 2:5, 22; 3:2; 1 Tim. 5:11-15; Jas. 5:19-20).

Grace cannot permit God to forgive unconfessed sin(1 Jn. 1:9; Rev. 2:5, 22; 2 Chron. 7:14; 2 Cor. 7:9, 10; 2 Tim. 2:25; 12:21).

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot cancel the responsibility of saved men concerning sin Rom. 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:9-11; Rev. 2:5; 3:2; Gal. 5:19-21; 1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:9-20.

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot free a saved man from continued faith and holiness (Col. 1:23; 2:6, 7; 1 Jn. 1:7; Gal. 5:19-26; Heb. 12:14, 15; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13).

BanjoPicker

Grace cannot make any sinner a child of God in the same sense in which Jesus became the Son of God, for He is the only begotten Son Jn. 3:16. Men are merely adopted (Rom. 8:14-16) and cleansed from sin (1 Jn. 1:7-9).