Fawn

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
A family in Bend, Oregon found this fawn on their front steps a few weeks ago and took this photo. The white spots on the steps are apple blossom petals.

As you may know, deer hide their fawns and go away for awhile. The fawns have no odor yet, and naturally stay absolutely still.

Isn't this an amazing photograph? A great job of natural camouflage! The fawn stayed there all morning, and the mama came to get it after 4-5 hours.

Kudos to the people for leaving the fawn alone, knowing Mom would be back.

THE MOM "HID" HER BABY ON THE BROWN STEPS WITH WHITE SPOTS

Attachments

• fawn.JPG
    fawn.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 427

Mrbowdeadly

That is awesome. My buddy has had a fawn come running up to him in a field and walk with him. Strange. I wonder how the mother tells the baby to stay? "going to look for food. Stay here on the steps. Ill be back in four hours, don't move"

MBD

Trizey

I saw that picture a couple of years ago somewhere on the internet. Still a great picture and excellent camo! :)

There's a lesson here for everyone...

Leave a baby alone unless you see the dead mama laying in the ditch!

Otherwise, mama is nearby... and the baby will be just fine while it waits mama out...

I walked up on one this past turkey season after the mama snorted at me...

I didn't think about there being a little one, but was tickled to get to see him...

I told him that he was being a good for doing what his mama told him to do...

He was laying just like the photo above but in pine straw... In the wide open... and I had walked up to about 10 feet of him before I saw him...

He never even blinked...

So... tell folks unless they see the deceased mama... to leave the little ones alone! They will be just fine...