First bird exposure

spring

That looks great. I’m looking forward to getting my almost 5 month old setter on birds for the first time; still being hesitant with snakes being active this time of year.
She hunts about all day now at my office, staying on point for long periods, as she hunts dragon flies. She absolutely loves it and can’t wait for me to turn her loose there each morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6724.jpeg
    IMG_6724.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 6

cj580guitar

That looks great. I’m looking forward to getting my almost 5 month old setter on birds for the first time; still being hesitant with snakes being active this time of year.
She hunts about all day now at my office, staying on point for long periods, as she hunts dragon flies. She absolutely loves it and can’t wait for me to turn her loose there each morning.
Yea I know what you mean. I have been taken her out late evenings to run/hunt I but I can’t wait till cooler weather. Where did you get your pup from ?

spring

Yea I know what you mean. I have been taken her out late evenings to run/hunt I but I can’t wait till cooler weather. Where did you get your pup from ?

I got her from Shadow Oak Plantation. Planning to get her on as many coveys as I can in the season ahead before turning her over to a pro in the spring to fine tune her. No doubt she’ll have fun being an about unrestricted lunatic during her first bird season, but there’s a bit of a purpose in that.
How about you?

cj580guitar

I got my pup from Toccoa River Setters. I plan on doing the same as you. I might have to think about sending my pup to a trainer also because this is all new to me as well. I do not want to mess her up because I don’t know what I’m doing. I know what I want long term but I’m not sure how to get there.