First brisket on new smoker

Cool Hand Luke

What vertical smoker did you get? Your Q looks great
Thank you sir.
It's a SmokinTex, my business partner bought it for my 60th birthday in July but gave it to me early.

pjciii

Thank you sir.
It's a SmokinTex, my business partner bought it for my 60th birthday in July but gave it to me early.

Very nice. Good gift

I just bought an offset charcoal smoker. I have to say it is junk. Leaks like a sieve. The employees at Master Forge don't take a lick of pride in their products. No gaskets, charcoal chamber is to small and leaks against the smoking chamber. Can not get a decent draft thru it and already had to replace thermometer and it only 2.5 weeks old. Will take it to junk yard and get a different one. Vertical smoker this time. Thanks for the info.

Cool Hand Luke

Very nice. Good gift

I just bought an offset charcoal smoker. I have to say it is junk. Leaks like a sieve. The employees at Master Forge don't take a lick of pride in their products. No gaskets, charcoal chamber is to small and leaks against the smoking chamber. Can not get a decent draft thru it and already had to replace thermometer and it only 2.5 weeks old. Will take it to junk yard and get a different one. Vertical smoker this time. Thanks for the info.
Yea, I bought an offset from Lowe's before I got this one and took it back before I used it. Still have a small blackstone and egg for grilling.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That one looks just about perfect. That bark looks just right. :rockon: