First impression of the Sig P320 XCompact with Romeo1 Pro!! And Ongoing Evaluation..

Steven037

Mounted a Leuplod Delta Point Pro to my 320x this morning. I’ve had a Trijicon rmr but I wanted something that mounted without a plate and used the footprint that was there. Fixing to head to the range so I’ll report back if I get any brass strikes.

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Mounted a Leuplod Delta Point Pro to my 320x this morning. I’ve had a Trijicon rmr but I wanted something that mounted without a plate and used the footprint that was there. Fixing to head to the range so I’ll report back if I get any brass strikes.

Cool, watching this...

Steven037

Sighted in easy. Just a couple clicks left and up and found it in the bulls eye at 15 yards. Hits were quick and easy with follow up shots finding the dot was no problem. Ran 150 more rounds through without issue. Used the 15 round mags that came with it and the 17 round Legion mags that I picked up. No marks from brass on the sight that I can see.

Jester896

Senior Clown
:eek2:!!!!

Tell us more!
we were running 6 transitions... I think.. 2 body 1 head on 2 targets next to each other then one about 10 ft left. My buddy was under 5 sec and I was trying to keep up.:ROFLMAO:...next thing I know the lens is on the ground and the edge was marked up like yours. I wasn't sure if it was from it bumping things when holstered or the brass now that you show me. I still need to send it in...but they are funny about a receipt and original owner stuff.

My slide is milled for the Trijicon only

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
we were running 6 transitions... I think.. 2 body 1 head on 2 targets next to each other then one about 10 ft left. My buddy was under 5 sec and I was trying to keep up.:ROFLMAO:...next thing I know the lens is on the ground and the edge was marked up like yours. I wasn't sure if it was from it bumping things when holstered or the brass now that you show me. I still need to send it in...but they are funny about a receipt and original owner stuff.

My slide is milled for the Trijicon only

Well, I am just assuming that my issue is brass bumping because it's not holster wear, it hasn't been dropped, and it hasn't been rubbin' or scrubbin' on anything while being carried...

Hope you get your issue fixed. I would think Trijicon would be all over it...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Talked to a dealer buddy with a couple optic equipped 320s, and his have done the same thing, with brass hitting the optic.

He called Sig and was told that some ammo does it, and some doesn't. Lighter bullets supposedly are worse about it.

Don't know if I believe all that, but that's what he was told...

He says we ain't gonna worry about it till we bust a glass, then Sig will handle it.

Time will tell.

Dub

I do shoots some 115s but mostly 124s

When given the option I try go with 124gr, too.

Every gun I've tried them in seems to shoot more accurately.

As far as brass ejection into the optic.....I'm sure it happens all the time, judging by the brass marks found on ejection ports.

I'm surprised there aren't more frequent issues with damaged optics resultant. Pleasantly surprised. (y)

doomtrpr_z71

I just ordered a Xcompact myself today after figuring out I cant get what I want to build from my current 357Sig P320. Mine wont be wearing suppressor height sights or a red dot but it will be swapped over to a Wilson CarryII grip so it will take 17rd mags.

frankwright

I go back and forth pretty often as some matches require iron sights.
I am shooting an indoor Glock match today with my 19X with iron sights.
There is a slight learning curve, you have to make yourself stay on the front sight when shooting irons and not on the target like with a Red Dot.
My every day carry pistol has iron sights. Most of my competition guns have dots.