First run with MudSkipper Twister Mud Motor

weagle

This is my first run with the MudSkipper Twister mudmotor kit and Predator motor. Boat is a 1542 Tracker. Stock Predator 212 motor from Harbor Freight. I removed the Low Oil sensor, but other than that the motor is unmodified. I haven't removed or zip tied the Governor. I ordered the Twister kit with the 2 blade prop adapter and installed the 6.5" prop. The kill switch that comes with the kit will plug into the connector where you removed the Oil Sensor without having to modify any wiring. I was having trouble with my GPS and Camera, but without doing any tuning or setup, I was running 10 to 11 mph per my phone app. I ran across some very shallow sand bars where the bottom was dragging but plowed right through. This is on the Chattahoochee and I was able to run down to Bull Sluice and back easily even though the water was muddy and you couldn't see the bottom. This is exactly what this motor is good for. My little air cooled Honda outboard would not have pushed me across the sandbars and a bigger water cooled outboard would have sucked all sorts of sand and mud up in the impeller. Not to mention when I ran across a submerged log the motor just hopped right over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hopper

This is my first run with the MudSkipper Twister mudmotor kit and Predator motor. Boat is a 1542 Tracker. Stock Predator 212 motor from Harbor Freight. I removed the Low Oil sensor, but other than that the motor is unmodified. I haven't removed or zip tied the Governor. I ordered the Twister kit with the 2 blade prop adapter and installed the 6.5" prop. The kill switch that comes with the kit will plug into the connector where you removed the Oil Sensor without having to modify any wiring. I was having trouble with my GPS and Camera, but without doing any tuning or setup, I was running 10 to 11 mph per my phone app. I ran across some very shallow sand bars where the bottom was dragging but plowed right through. This is on the Chattahoochee and I was able to run down to Bull Sluice and back easily even though the water was muddy and you couldn't see the bottom. This is exactly what this motor is good for. My little air cooled Honda outboard would not have pushed me across the sandbars and a bigger water cooled outboard would have sucked all sorts of sand and mud up in the impeller. Not to mention when I ran across a submerged log the motor just hopped right over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Been waiting for you to do that. Glad to here it went well. I want to do the same thing on a 1436 and ditch this 2.3 honda. How does it steer? Any problems with running it or keeping the prop in the water?

Last edited:

weagle

Been waiting for you to do that. Glad to here it went well. I want to do the same thing on a 1436 and ditch this 2.3 honda. How does it steer? Any problems with running it or keeping the prop in the water?
It takes some adjustments to get it running at just the right depth, but once you get it set it's easy. Basically you want it just deep enough for the prop to run barely in the water. Steering is no problem although with the long tail it takes a little getting used to.

Overall it's a great, fairly inexpensive way to run very shallow rivers.

Having said that, I now fish almost exclusively from my Kayak.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Could a fellar put the setup on a Honda power washer motor?? If so point me to what you'd need. Thanks

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Is there any 'off brands' (cheaper) of the kits??