First time using new air fryer

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Air Fryers are chicken makin machines. I need to expand my horizons using ours.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I gotta get familiar with mine. I see to many good looking meals being made with them for me not to use it.

I did chops in ours a while back. I also ordered some air fryer breading for different meats, it was good.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The original is good as is if you like a little bite, if you like a lot of bite add some red pepper.F642A7DC-41AB-493B-B0B6-BC8F7731277A.jpeg

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
If I could only have two things in my kitchen it'd be my air fryer & my Insta Pot, so versatile without heating up the kitchen! Thighs look great!!

Headshot

We got an air fryer several months back and we love it. Have cooked ribs, boneless country ribs, chicken tenders, frozen biscuits, frozen french fries, frozen onion rings, chicken wings (when they can be found and I don't have to get a loan to buy 'em). We like reheating left overs (pizza, fried fish, fried chicken). I have learned a lot on youtube about recipes and how others cook with an air fryer.

naildrvr

This is the one that we have. Emeril Legasse 360. This thing even has a rotisserie and can cook a 5# pork loin in an hour. We've cooked all kinds of foods in ours. It's basically a glorified convection toaster oven.

ucfireman

That one is 170 on Amazon and 105 on Walmart.
48x4 on Emeril site.
That's the kind I would want, big enough to cook a whole meal at ones not just a few fries or a few wings.
Your happy with it?

This is the one that we have. Emeril Legasse 360. This thing even has a rotisserie and can cook a 5# pork loin in an hour. We've cooked all kinds of foods in ours. It's basically a glorified convection toaster oven.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
That one is 170 on Amazon and 105 on Walmart.
48x4 on Emeril site.
That's the kind I would want, big enough to cook a whole meal at ones not just a few fries or a few wings.
Your happy with it?
I messed up and bought a full size air fryer oven and can't figure out how to cook even normal things like cornbread in it. The fan comes on no matter what setting ....air fry / bake / broil / convection bake.. doesn't matter at all. Best I've found out is what ever the recipe calls for.. cook it 30 degs. higher and at least 30 mins. longer will get you close to done.

100_3754.JPG

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I'm glad you like yours.

I don't know. Too be honest, my air fryer hasn't lived up to the hype. I produce similar results in my convection oven at high temps. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just not sure it was worth my inlaws going out and spending a hundred bucks on one for me for Xmas :huh:

Plus, it puts off a funny smell when I turn it on.
It's true that an air fryer is just a small convection oven. It just gets hot quicker because it's small as compared to an oven.