FL Panther in Georgia

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I have a relative that swears that he has seen a panther type cat crossing his property about three times during the past 30-40 years. Of course, nobody that really knows him believes a word coming from his mouth. :rofl::rofl::rofl::pop:
It's ok. We all have them (relatives).
????

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looking at the muscles on the front shoulder, I dont think it is a house cat.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
For all you naysayers who shout there's no such thing as a black panther, here's the proof!
:waggingfinger: :biggrin2:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The cat in the pic isn't black, it's in the shadow of the tree. Its tail and back leg look tawny.

Buckman18

Put some sardines out there with a cage trap and youll catch your cougar. Itll meow when you walk up to the cage, and if youre luck you might get to pet it. If its in a bad mood it might hiss at you...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
thats a mighty small shadow throwed by that tree if that is a house cat

Buckman18

I finally looked at it on my computer monitor. My final answer remains kitty cat. Meowwwww.

buckpasser

That’s at least a questionable picture. Looks like it could go either way, but using the fence for scale it does look a bit small. Head looks pretty small vs body, so a human standing in that spot would be most helpful for a true size comparison. I hope we get more info on this.

For the FL guys on here, are there many or any regular sightings in the Gainseville/Osceola NF area? I never hear of any. Seems like they’d have to be pretty regular there before they spread into the swampy flatwoods of GA very much.