Fleas on dogs

Hillbilly stalker

I am a huge believer in Seresto collars. I use them on all of my animals and they are 100% effective.
Some dogs have serious reaction to those. We put one on my wife’s shtizu and within 15 minutes she went into a seizure. Took it right back off, she never had one before or after we removed the collar. If your dog can use them they are a great product.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I am a huge believer in Seresto collars. I use them on all of my animals and they are 100% effective.
It worked great on fleas on my buddies' dogs, but ticks ate them alive for some reason

ucfireman

Has anyone had good experience with a topical?
We have used the pill before with good results but hate to use them too much.
Have not tried the Seresto collar.

WOODIE13

Has anyone had good experience with a topical?
We have used the pill before with good results but hate to use them too much.
Have not tried the Seresto collar.
We used Top Spot in the military, never an issue. Before that we dipped them

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
My old American Britts (12.5 and 9) have been on Trifexis for their lives. Seresto collar for ticks during hunting season. Vet no longer prescribes Trifexis but prescribes Simparica Trio. I may switch over to Trio after current Trifexis is used up. Jack Russell gets Brevecto every three months. Trio is supposedly good for ticks, but Vet says nothing works better than Seresto. BTW, when hunting, I take the collars off. Don't believe what is said by mfg. about surviving water encounters while wearing Seresto collars. Beware of counterfeit collars--buy from vet or trusted source. Gil

NCMTNHunter

My old American Britts (12.5 and 9) have been on Trifexis for their lives. Seresto collar for ticks during hunting season. Vet no longer prescribes Trifexis but prescribes Simparica Trio. I may switch over to Trio after current Trifexis is used up. Jack Russell gets Brevecto every three months. Trio is supposedly good for ticks, but Vet says nothing works better than Seresto. BTW, when hunting, I take the collars off. Don't believe what is said by mfg. about surviving water encounters while wearing Seresto collars. Beware of counterfeit collars--buy from vet or trusted source. Gil
My Wirehair and Jack Russell are both on Simparica Trio. I find dead ticks on them all the time. I haven't found a live tick attached to either dog. I had my doubts when switching from Trifexis but it seems to work just as good for fleas and better for ticks.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
My vet says that Trifexis is not effective on ticks. I may switch to Trio, but she is a believer that the best tick remedy is the Seresto. Gil

WOODIE13

I put one on my bigger dog and I think the fleas unbuckled it and drug it off
My buddy used one, no fleas, but ate up with ticks

Hillbilly stalker

I used purple cattle ear tags for ticks. You won’t find a tick on them. I fold it around their collar and staple it.

Doboy Dawg

The Sorresto collars are the only thing that works on my shepherd. I only get about 6 months out of them because he swims just about everyday. There have been a few ticks that managed to attach, but for the most part it keeps them off too.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Pills from the vet. Minimal cost relatively.