For those we've lost

slow motion

We have all had a friend who took a wrong turn in life. For me it was one of my younger brothers. Of 6 siblings I'm 3 and him 4. The road less traveled for him went to a dark place and he could never quite make it back home. Heard a song recently that reminded me of him. Its David by Cody Jinks. Can't link it here as it has a word in the chorus that rhymes with well. Its easy enough to find on YouTube if you are inclined. There's a lyric in the song "just a burned out beat down shell of my old friend". In the end that was Dennis. While I know it wasn't my fault I'll always feel guilty for not knowing how helpless he must have felt to take his own life. If there's anything positive to come from it. The Lord has used it to place me in the path of some who had similar intentions. I talked with them. They are both doing well currently. If you have these kinds of thoughts or feelings please talk to someone. I would be happy to pm you my number as would most if not all your fellow members and friends. Anyway today is his birthday. He would have been 56. Miss you little brother.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We have all had a friend who took a wrong turn in life. For me it was one of my younger brothers. Of 6 siblings I'm 3 and him 4. The road less traveled for him went to a dark place and he could never quite make it back home. Heard a song recently that reminded me of him. Its David by Cody Jinks. Can't link it here as it has a word in the chorus that rhymes with well. Its easy enough to find on YouTube if you are inclined. There's a lyric in the song "just a burned out beat down shell of my old friend". In the end that was Dennis. While I know it wasn't my fault I'll always feel guilty for not knowing how helpless he must have felt to take his own life. If there's anything positive to come from it. The Lord has used it to place me in the path of some who had similar intentions. I talked with them. They are both doing well currently. If you have these kinds of thoughts or feelings please talk to someone. I would be happy to pm you my number as would most if not all your fellow members and friends. Anyway today is his birthday. He would have been 56. Miss you little brother.
Good on you!:clap:
I'm sorry bout your brother.:(

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There is a lot in life that we never get over. Plenty of these things make us better people. You have taken a tragedy and turned it into a motivation to help others. God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

May he continue to bless you.

slow motion

There is a lot in life that we never get over. Plenty of these things make us better people. You have taken a tragedy and turned it into a motivation to help others. God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Thank you. He's blessed me every day and far more than I deserve.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sorry for your.. our loss. I'm sure most.. if not all of us have seen others we care for (if not our selves) take a look down a dark path. Some follow to it's end while others (by their own initiative or in most cases with the help of friends, family, or even a stranger who just happened to be there at the right time with the right thing to say) make a turn for their.. our best as any needless loss takes away from the whole. The very reason I started the "Reach Out" thread. Every so often everyone needs someone with a shoulder to lean on.. a ear to gnaw on.. or in most cases just someone who has seen / been where they're at and will listen and may share their story so that they understand that they are not alone.

slow motion

I'll share something with you as to the mysterious ways. I have a really busy day today running between jobs. Realized I was going to be driving right by the cemetery. Even though my wife keeps the artificial flowers on all the graves I thought maybe I should take a fresh flower by. No flower shop close by so I stopped and bought a Mountain Dew, always his favorite, to leave at his graveside. As I stepped out of the truck in the cemetery there on the ground was a hawk feather. It seemed more appropriate than a flower. Probably silly to some but it gave me a little peace.

20230322_104316.jpg

Cool Hand Luke

Sorry for the loss of your brother way too soon. Had two cousins that went down the same road with drugs. It took their lives way too soon as well. Addiction is a horrible sickness. Good on you for counseling others!

slow motion

Sorry for your.. our loss. I'm sure most.. if not all of us have seen others we care for (if not our selves) take a look down a dark path. Some follow to it's end while others (by their own initiative or in most cases with the help of friends, family, or even a stranger who just happened to be there at the right time with the right thing to say) make a turn for their.. our best as any needless loss takes away from the whole. The very reason I started the "Reach Out" thread. Every so often everyone needs someone with a shoulder to lean on.. a ear to gnaw on.. or in most cases just someone who has seen / been where they're at and will listen and may share their story so that they understand that they are not alone.
Thanks brother. It's definitely a good thing you started with that.

Toliver

Too many people still think suicide is a weak person's way out. Unfortunately, they feel like it's the only way. Generally, they don't want to be dead, they just don't want to live with whatever pain they're experiencing. I speak openly about my depression and suicidal ideation in hopes of helping others deal with issues before they get to that point.

1679500571060.png

gb1194

Sorry for your loss. Actually had a son headed down a dark path about 3 years ago. At times I was scared to answer my phone. He has done a complete 180 and is doing really well now. I knew when he called me crying that night that he was ready to leave it all behind. I like to think that because I never turned my back on him it made it easier for him to reach out to me. Anyway, thanks for this post. It may help someone reach out to a lost soul. Love and prayers my friends…

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Amen friend.
Suicide and depression has hit my family as well.
I made a lucky escape and have come to learn that there is always great times even after the worst of times...
Life for me now is the best it has ever been.
There is always room to leave it behind.
I spread the word wherever I can and stay thankful.
Hats off...

slow motion

Too many people still think suicide is a weak person's way out. Unfortunately, they feel like it's the only way. Generally, they don't want to be dead, they just don't want to live with whatever pain they're experiencing. I speak openly about my depression and suicidal ideation in hopes of helping others deal with issues before they get to that point.

View attachment 1216714
Glad you're doing better. Please keep helping others.

slow motion

Sorry for your loss. Actually had a son headed down a dark path about 3 years ago. At times I was scared to answer my phone. He has done a complete 180 and is doing really well now. I knew when he called me crying that night that he was ready to leave it all behind. I like to think that because I never turned my back on him it made it easier for him to reach out to me. Anyway, thanks for this post. It may help someone reach out to a lost soul. Love and prayers my friends…
Thanks. Proud your son is in a better place now. As a parent we worry about our children. Can't imagine having that added to it.

slow motion

Amen friend.
Suicide and depression has hit my family as well.
I made a lucky escape and have come to learn that there is always great times even after the worst of times...
Life for me now is the best it has ever been.
There is always room to leave it behind.
I spread the word wherever I can and stay thankful.
Hats off...
My brother Corbett. So sorry. I didn't know your struggles. Glad its behind you. My wife says so many people have "fake smiles". Meaning you think all is well from their outward appearance. You just don't what they are dealing with.

slow motion

I lost my brother to suicide in 2013, he was the second son of four brothers, I’m the youngest. We never saw it coming, he was always the most optimistic person. You’re right, it’s still raw
Sorry for your loss.