I can remember when

Bones

Walking again this morning and thought about the first time my Dad took me duck hunting. The season was about to open and I had pestered him for a couple of seasons to take me. When he said yes I could hardley believe it. I would get to shoot an ole 410 that he had. He told me I would have to be able to close one eye to be able to aim. At the time I could not close one eye. I stayed up half the night practicing until I could close one eye. Talk about excited I get goose bumps now thinking of the trip. We cut palm fronds the night before to use for blinds. Did say I could not sleep all night. We got to the lake and were wearing those old rubber waders. It was cold. Got the blind set up and waited for daylight. At daylight the ducks started flying. It was amazing. A flock of green wing teal flew over and it sounded like a jet with the wind coming off their wings. They were not flying near me so Dad told me to move my blind. On the way I stepped in a hole and filled my waders up with water. Talk about cold. What a great day. I shot one teal. When we were leaving my uncle told me to get in the boat. I could not lift my leg up because the waders were full of water. He grabbed me by the seat of the waders and tipped me over the side of the boat. When he did all the water came out of the waders. He laughed and we laughed about that through many years God thank you for my father.
Bones